Monday, November 28, 2016

oursome orthodontist foursquare

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back into your  pocket.   Will Rogers


Ron LeValley photo, yup, a real professional squirrel portrait!


Agains my better judgement, I dug out my Christmas ornaments the other day and stuck them in piles around the house.  Badda Bing, Badda Done!  Things will be easy to stash away on December 26th, and there will be no discussion about letting it hang around to Armenian Christmas or Ephany or, like a family I know does-  leave it around until Easter because of somebody's spring.  Christmas trees get mighty thin by Easter.  Anyway, here are my Michaels special shopping day wreathes, only one of three for the gates:


Entry way glass trees(these I love and it will be hard to put away but I will!

Dining room-  this was so hard-  I had two garlands of silver colored balls, flipped them down on the table and there ya go!  I did stick some candles into holders but I can't light them-  the AC blows them all asunder and makes a hell of a mess.  Two of them are battery candles, I might pick up a couple more if I can find cheap ones.

And my final coup-  all my silver ornaments in a big gray platter for the living room.  Yeah, it's a pile, but hey...  I tried to get my disco ball in it but the darn thing is 18" across.  It will instead live under the table where it catches early morning sun and sets light points dancing all over the room.  And it sits there all year round because the sun comes up at different angles and the show changes all the time.  One of life's little pleasures, the disco ball...

Christmas.

I spent yesterday afternoon at Home Depot collecting shipping materials-  found some boxes that are 24" long and the different pieces of my tower piece are easy to fold and stack-  I think I probably have three boxes full but if I need more I know where to go!  Nice sturdy boxes I will line with some of the plastic sheeting (like it will matter if they get wet!).  Also grabbed some good packing tape and a giant roll of bubble wrap-  I don't need the protection as much as something lightweight to fill spaces.  So, I am now in the packing business. 
           
  Now you know where I will be all day-  I didn't like the way one piece was hanging,  little bulge along the bottom border so I took that off yesterday and will fix it up, then do the hand stitching along the Four Turkeys piece I altered.  Only one more piece, the big circles one, to get ready for public consumption and it shouldn't take too long once I get at it.  


I'm getting near the end of my ART PART folder, so I will also mine the webs for more interesting work, but that needs a massive time commitment since I go off on bunny trails finding thing after thing I need to show you!  Currently I am down to POINTY THINGS, here ya go~   
 

  

   

 
 Originally inspired by the form and function of a sea urchin, artist Jennifer Maestre constructs unwieldy organic forms using pencils and pencil shavings that bloom like unworldly flowers. Some of her latest pieces appear to have grown tentacles and rest atop pedestals like scaley octopi. The artworks are designed to simultaneously attract the viewer but also offer a certain aesthetic defense. She shares in her artist statement:
The spines of the urchin, so dangerous yet beautiful, serve as an explicit warning against contact. The alluring texture of the spines draws the touch in spite of the possible consequences. The tension unveiled, we feel push and pull, desire and repulsion. The sections of pencils present aspects of sharp and smooth for two very different textural and aesthetic experiences. Paradox and surprise are integral in my choice of materials.

Really?  Maybe it should stay in it's crates and lean against the garage wall.  




No comments :