Saturday, August 19, 2017

mined chancres professionalises

Others have seen what is and asked why.
 I have seen what could be and asked why not.” Picasso

Couldn't resist, it's been too long away from terrible taxidermy!


Still no studio time unless you count making 15 pinhole cameras for watching the eclipse!  I used up all the rolls from old fabric, and a friend donated one too.  I did the simplest plan I could, just a 10" roll, 6 cut from each fabric roll, with some foil taped over the end and a pinhole through the foil.  I found this worked really well when the foil was aimed at the sun over my shoulder and the image was projected on the ground-  it's certainly not too big but at least it's something.  I set up all the materials into a DIY station on the dining room table so people can make one if they want, or just stay inside and wait for the dark.  I don't care!  It's up to about 25 people now, and I sure hope it's a good day because that many folks trapped inside will be a problem.  Fortunately most of them are now true Gators and don't mind 100 degrees at all as long as they have something cold to keep their hand around.  Tomorrow I get the pulled pork started since it takes 24 hours and then chilling time, then extra time on the grill Monday morning to get some bark on it.  Of course I am using the Joule.  Right now it is hard boiling my eggs for me so I can get those chilled down and make the deviled eggs on Sunday.  I think tomorrow I will make the carrot cakes and stick them in the refrigerator overnight-  they will hold nicely until Monday when I can slather on some frosting.  Then cole slaw and a watermelon/cuke/feta pile with some good olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic syrup-  I cooked down a quart bottle of balsamic vinegar to about a 1/2 cup of ooey gooey syrup the other day and I have to stop adding it to my soda water.  

**Later Update:  Eggs cooked sous vide, eggs sat in ice bath, eggs peeled and I cannot believe they are all smooth and un-nicked from peeling!  AND,bonus, my fingers aren't all cut up from sharp shells! I am gobsmacked by how well it worked, it will be HB eggs around here a lot more frequently.  

OK, so that's the immediate plan.  

While in Colorado Springs TY bought me a portrait of a raven that is simply amazing-  fell in love with it immediately and he liked it too, so it's ours, was supposed to be FedExed today but it didn't arrive, so TY called the gallery and blew a gasket when they said it would come Sept 5th.  No way.  He ranted enough to get it delivered overnight so it should be here by noon tomorrow.  Can't wait- I have been carrying pictures around all day rearranging stuff.

And here are two more places I went in Santa Fe:
A Fabric Store!

And a Bakery!

I think that qualifies as my ARTY PART today...no?  OK, more!


Gathering on the Plaza


A Christening!  These figures in the front are all larger, while those seen through the square arch are medium sized, and then through the round arch are all teeny tiny so it looks very three dimensional.  Loved this diorama!


A toy shop

And of course, the bullfight!  These were all taken at the Folk Art Museum in Santa Fe, and I can't tell you enough how these were just a very few of a huge room completely jammed with collections and maquette and dioramas and doll houses.  It boggles the mind to see the work making all the parts, collecting things from all over and making them fit together, and that's before final displays are figured out.  Some are grouped by theme, some by activity or action. some by vintage-  all work so beautifully together.  GO!  But plan on spending the day and going back the next day instead of horseback riding or fishing or shopping for turquoise!  It's amazing.

Sure hope that counteracted the taxidermy up top.

No comments :