Saturday, August 26, 2017

prelabours picketboat Nazism

Rod Serling on where ideas come from,  
“They come from the Earth... They're in the air. And, to put them on paper, you bleed!


Tommy Hilfiger fluffy squirrel blanket.


Big week here, little done here as usual.  We got home from Colorado last Sunday nd then on Monday we had our Eclipse Party which incidentally was my birthday and when both fell together it absolutely necessitated a party.  Unfortunately as the eclipse began a giant black cloud intervened so we only could see the beginning and end of it.  Like my birthday I guess, I only saw the beginning and end of it.  Sigh
So on Tuesday I took TY to the airport and came home and binge watched Netflix most the rest of the day, I was exhausted and just picked up a little thing here or there, cleaned up some leftover food from the party, and generally read magazines and would have eaten bobbins if I had been so supplied.  Fortunately I regained some strength and got unpacked one day, I got the refrigerator cleaned out another, and every day I get a few more dishes returned to their cupboards.  This will be my last party, I am jut not interested in working my tail off for days watching everybody else have a good time.  I KNOW it's my fault so don't yell at me, but I just can't help it.  As soon as they all left I had a glass of wine and would have jumped in the hotter but it was too much trouble to take off clothes.  How's that for lazy.

After this respite, I must get back in gear. I need to get to Boston for next weekend, but have a couple of days to get to the studio and see what I will do next as I work on the quilting part of the giant piece.  I am sorely tempted to slice it up slightly and make a dypt-trypt-quadik piece instead of trying to wrestle this thing, but I will make that decision soon.   Maybe different sizes, maybe sideways. Hey, maybe not at all.

I need to get something serious going, not for a show or anything in particular, something that is autobiographical as usual, but one of those periphery things.  I have a looming problem that may be the subject but I am hoping that it resolves itself OR something better comes along.  This story will be continues if it's necessary, otherwise this is the last you'll hear of it.  

Here's a snap of my Raven, remember the first line of the child's rhyme:
"One is for good news,"

Inkjet print on gampi papers, two layers hand manipulated into 3-D.

Pete Zaluzec

Sorry about the reflections of the ceiling lights

And now for an ARTY PARTY


Paul Roden and Valerie Lueth over at Pittsburgh-based Tugboat Printshop just announced a new woodcut print titled Moth. Shown in production here, the final piece will be a 2-color print measuring 18″ x 25″ and is now available for pre-order. Art and design blogs everywhere were smitten earlier this year with their equally beautiful Moon print. The duo also has an upcoming exhibition of woodcut prints at the Arm in Brooklyn, opening Thursday, November 7th.


An aside-  You're not the only one unable to locate my blog-  no matter what address I put in it just stops searching.  I have to get to it through the dashboard now.  Yup, I think I need to contact Blogger somehow- another project for this week.  Damn.

SaveSave

2 comments :

Janet W said...

Totally agree about parties. Not worth the hassle any more. And I used to love throwing them. Getting older has its perks. Happy Birthday.

Christine Nielsen said...

The only way I can get to your blog these day is by using https ,followed by the rest of the usual stuff.