Tuesday, January 09, 2018

twirl lacuna airway

Still life art portrays subjects that do not move, and draws meaning from the Latin phrase, memento mori (remember you must die). Morbid? Possibly. Vain? Yes. Meaningful? Oh, you betcha.  Still life is a form of art that can often be overlooked. However, it can be just as meaningful as any conceptual piece."
Poppy, Artfinder's Chief Curator


Nutella?  Hazelnut butter?  He's never gonna leave.


I'm all signed in for my flight to Boston tomorrow, but just as I was throwing stuff in my bag TY brought out a 'thing' that hadn't arrived for our son at Christmas.  It was sealed in a box and called something like 'Jet-Pro-Pack' so I thought I had better open it 'cause it sounds a bit iffy for a TSA inspection.  Good thing-  the main part is shaped like an electric hand drill, it has two very heavy boxes sealed in bubble wrap with knobs on the sides, plus another odd piece I can't even indentify as 'looks like...'.  I just know this is going to be confiscated because all the wires and connections will X-ray just as clear as can be.  Since I have to actually carry a suitcase because of this thing, I am thinking I need to check it.  But that will cost me $50.  I don't think this THING cost that much.  What is it, you ask?  A heavy duty tire blower-upper he can use for kid's bikes and basketballs and pool floats.  See, the last time I flew they took out a bottle of sweet hot pepper relish as questionable.  Told the TSA guy to make sure and confiscate it for his own table, but I was pissed, its my favorite relish and isn't sold down here.

Still hacking and coughing here, and not getting better, but apparently we are just going to have rain in Boston, no more snow the rest of this week so I should be OK if I can stay warm and dry.  HA!  

The bocce triptych is in a bidding war which is quite entertaining.  There was a bid or two on it the other day but when I got in to see it today there was a list of new bids-  made by two crazy friends upping each other by 32 cents, or $1.12.  Since high price was at (I think) $320 these tiny increases and giant signatures as they try to outplay each other as so funny.  The party and playoffs scheduled for tonight was rained/flooded out, don't know what will happen next but you can be assured I didn't;t want to stand around in the rain tonight.  Whew.

Now I find I am requisitioned to paint up a step stool for the Play for Pink auction, so that will commence when I get back, not quite sure where it will go, but I have some ideas.  Gonna do decoupage so I should start finding images over the week in Boston.  Hopefully a few people will work with me in the studio so that would be fun for a change.

And away we go to the ~PARTY DE ARTE~
yup, corrugated cardboard-  amazing.



Warren King began sculpting with cardboard as an attempt to add fantasy to the lives of his children, creatively crafting masks and helmets out of the recyclable material. This slowly evolved into a more time-consuming arts practice as King began focusing less time on costumes, and more time making large sculptures of his own.




OK, I know these are a little large, BUT maybe that means I am dying' to own these squirrels!  I want to take up a Kickstarter to fund me buying art, think that will fly?  No, me either.  My great old friend Deanna found these for me, probably already found out how to buy them for herself!

Metal sculpture, Barbara Franc, UK:  I have always been fascinated by the shapes and sculptural forms of animals, they present a never-ending source of inspiration to me. I try to capture a feeling of their movement and presence in my sculpture. For this I use wire and other materials in a way that suggests drawing in three dimensions. This allows me greater freedom to add changes whenever I want during the construction to keep the feeling fluid and to reflect the diversity of movement and form. "I increasingly use recycled and discarded materials as I enjoy the challenge of transforming something with a past history into something new and exciting."





No comments :