Sunday, February 01, 2009

Wednesday Night

Fifty Million Years Back and Forward:

Time sure flies when you're having fun, eh?


My dog has wasted her life.

And speaking of that, we have been going every Wednesday night to this year's training project.  We found a clas called 'The Reactive Dog' given at the Lucky Dog training facility that we went to last year for agility.  Molly seems to love it and shocks us with how quickly she catches on to things.  The reason we are doing this is because of her new found dog aggression that we are trying to nip in the bud.  So far, so good.  The instructor was very good tonight about telling us how far she has come in four sessions.  This is basically food and reward training, so it may APPEAR she has come far, but what she has really learned is that I have a pocket full of salty snacks and frankly she would walk on her hind legs wearing a tutu to get her nose into that pocket!  But in the class she hasn't shown any tendencies to be aggressive though it still is pretty prevalent on our walks when she spies another dog.  Oh well, guess I need to be more proactive and do the training exercises more religiously.

They call her a 'quick little thing' in class.  And I get all puffed up with pride.  Oy, what has become of me...

We saw 'Slumdog Millionaire' tonight on the recommendations of just about everyone we have talked to over the past few weeks.  I was shocked at how raw it was-  the violence and depravity, the poverty and cruelty, and the graphic depictions of child abuse and use.  It was amazingly well photographed, but I cannot say I enjoyed it very much.  I like movies less and less as I get older-  I get too involved in them and can't see it as merely film, to me it is absolutely real and I*AM*THERE.  

After the movie we had to pass the Puppy Palace on the way back to the car-  and lo and behold they had two Tibetans in their cribs.  I was ready to walk out with one, but thankfully waited to mention it to the dog trainer later in the evening.  Her feeling is that we need a male dog for a companion for Molly, and the Tibetan was another female so not a good match from the get-go.  Dodged that bullet, at least temporarily.

No comments :