Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cheese Ladyfern Ladylike

Got some great feedback yesterday from one of my many as-yet-unmet friends (thanks Rosemary!) who visited the Yeiser Gallery while schmoozing her way through Paducah.  So nice of her to take the time to tell me she saw my piece there and give me a bit of positive feedback.  Actually she also told me that all the pieces are now on the Yeiser website here, so go have a look-see because there is some really interesting work.

If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. Kurt Vonnegut 

 I still haven't gotten my award, in my head I have Ed McMahon's replacement showing up in a big van with music blaring and acres of balloons, all the neighbors coming out onto their lawns, and me acting so surprised accepting the 6' long check.  Yeah, that'll happen...all the neighbors have gone back up north and they don't have lawns anyway!  In 'researching' the winners, I was shocked at how many were in bathrobes and curlers.  Good thing I have drip dry hair, eh?







It's pouring rain this morning which interrupts my plans to hit the Farmer's Market to find the Cheese Guy.  We are all out of the last haul, nothing left but the rinds of some spectacle cheeses.  TY picked them out and had NO IDEA what he was spending so I just kind of glowed in the background- think his three little packages came to over $60 but we sure got our money's worth of pleasure out of them-  and had 8 people over to sample, though I sort of stood over them threatening with a cheese knife if they wanted too much.  The Hostess with the Mostest, that's me.  Because I've been thwarted I guess I'll take a shower and go to the studio instead, it's much less, ummm,  cheesy there. But a little cheesy goodness collected over time to show you but forgotten in the deepest darkest files on the HD.

Pizza, America's Favorite Breakfast:

Pizza cupcakes

Yield: 12

ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup mini pepperonis
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Additional 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of mini pepperonis for topping

directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12 cupcake pan with liners.
2. Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add in vegetable oil, egg and milk into flour mixture and stir until batter is smooth. It will be sticky. Fold in cheese and pepperoni. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
3. Bake for about 18 minutes until muffins turn out golden and knife inserted comes out clean. Right before eating, top muffins with more cheese and about five slices of mini pepperoni and bake for 4-5 minutes at 350F until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Of course I can leave out the sugar, wonder what will happen when I leave out the flour...cheese goo.

And speaking of cheese goo, Here are all the flavors of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory.  Yup, someone ordered them all and tasted them all, and for your discriminating pleasure, posted the winners of their taste tests here.  You can have my portion.

You're welcome.

And finally, a cautionary tale of a lady who has eaten too much cheese and needs a belly massage:
(Not even a reasonable facsimile of me!)


And speaking of cautionary tales, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PUT OUT THERE ON THE INTER-WEBS, 
because I am lurking about ready to take advantage! (without apologies)

No comments :