Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pre-Umlauted Sanskrit


Before I give my bye-bye message for the coming week away, I have a few things to share with you:

Who is this guy?  I dunno, but the New England Journal of Medicine has his picture in it to demonstrate what sun can do over time.  This guy was a long distance truck driver, always driving with his window down, and you can see what the sun has done to him over his time on the road.  Scary.  So I hope you are scrambling for the SPF and slathering yourself with it.  Join us pale people-  I KNEW you would.  Maybe someday we will even think pale looks better.  Hey, I can hope, can't I?

I'm heading north for a few days to attend a last crit group, catch up with some friends, kiss some babies and chase some toddlers, and see my own kids.  Then we are going to the Cape for a wedding of a friend's son.  So, I am in the studio cutting slats and drilling holes and vacuuming up dead critters.  I've completely finished the 'Who's Who of American Women' quilt with it's sleeve and slat and fused label.  
 (detail)

I am sticking it on the wall and hoping some good luck comes along for it!  I would take it along to show the crit group but one of them is the jury for a show I've entered it into. So I'm taking a picture and showing that to everyone else if I get a chance.  

I was hoping to get more hand work done on the big twins quilt, but not today, not enough time, so it will have to wait until I get back.  It's coming along well, which I almost hate to say out loud, just not fast enough.  Once I get a quilt in the pipeline, I lose interest quickly and it's a trial to get myself at it again.


So, I don't know how much I'll be able to post on the road.  I don't like the iPad enough to type on it extensively, and the laptop I leave there is, ummm,  well,

fried
and even the internet access is, shall we say, compromised, but I never have enough time there to deal with it.  So there you have it.  See you in a few days.

You seem to know exactly what to say and your words have a positive effect on others today. But even if you have a solid plan, you are likely to ignore it once a conversation starts. Stay in the present moment now rather than trying to follow a particular script. Step boldly into unknown territory, but beware that you probably won't end up where you expected*.

*tell me that isn't scary as I am about to get on JetBlue...

No comments :