Monday, August 20, 2012

dietz antipathy cried



The only thing that makes one an artist is making art. And that requires the precise opposite of hanging out; a deeply lonely and unglamorous task of tolerating oneself long enough to push something out." (David Rakoff)

Found on the internets, I can't remember where, but it's good information:
Well I sure haven't put much work into this one have I?  I was up at 3 AM and couldnt get back to sleep so it's excusable, isn't it?  Flight was like I always assume they will be-  a mother and toddler sat in front of me, and her older two kids got to sit NEXT to me-  they were maybe 6 and 8.  And they sure were squirmy.  Then, on the way down something in the pressure affected my ears and I was in excrutiating pain for the last half hour and my eas are still blocked up.  Picked up the canine companions and they were way excited I raised their bail so they could get sprung.  They have been trying to make it up to me all afternoon by leaning on me or licking my ankles or sitting on my lap.  It's so good to have them back, I really miss them.

We've been earing up what used to be the studio back in MA, but after the movers came and took all my studio stuff to be moved the room became a dumping ground for anything we didn't quite know what to do with.  We are going to turn it into a tv room and  then turn the current tv room back into a bedroom like it should be.  This involves putting a closet into the alcove where we put built-ins.  Now we have to find somebody to come rip it all out.  This is TY's project-  I see no reason to change where the tv is, but he's got a bee in his bonnet over it now so I'm furniture shopping for recliners (which I've always hated!) and daybeds (ummm, which I have always hated!).  Somehow having the proper accoutrements in thse two room will define them for prospective buyers WHEN we decide to sell.  I could care less, let them do what they want.  All I want is a painter to come in and fix the wall where the upstairs neighbor leaked all over us.

Headed for early bed tonight, just waiting for it to at least be dark, after all.  I'll get somewhat back at it tomorrow when I hit the studio and have something to report.  

No comments :