Monday, October 29, 2012

dissension dobson joshua


Marine War Dog Memorial,
 and while you're at it thinking of such things,
give a moment to the two legged variety Marines too.

I very quietly confided to my best friend that I was having an affair.
She turned to me and asked, 'Are you having it catered'?
And that, my friend, is the definition of 'OLD'!  
(from the internet, not personal experience!)


So, today I have big studio goals, can't wait to get at it and try working to a timer.  It's all set up, all it needs is me!  I need to make a jacket I've been planning, I need to make a clamshell box for a new book I'm thinking about, and I also need to glue some old candlesticks to old plates to make some cake stands.  Don't ask...All my materials are in the car ready to get at it.

The car is at the library for TY's 7AM stint at the polls, early voting and all.  He won't be back until noon and I just couldn't get the morning duties done in time for him to swing by the studio to drop me at 6:30.  The problem of one car.  Well actually two but the other one stays in the garage fully protected from rain, wind, and inclement weather.  And since it doesn't have a functional top. that's where it is most of the time.  I REALLY need a car of my own that's always available to me so I can go to the studio any old time, grocery shop without having to wait to see if TY has something 'more important' to do, and all those things that come up. 
I want a small car to conserve gas just to run around town, yet big enough for dog space too.  I am thinking a Mini Cooper is the ticket...  but I havent' test driven one yet.  I am thinking this is the season.And wouldn't ya know, first thing I read as I'm sitting here hobbled by no car, is this, my HORROR for today:

The conflict between your domestic obligations and your career goals may come to a head today as the Taurus Full Moon illuminates your 10th House of Responsibilities. This tension is not such a bad thing, since you finally have a chance to find the resolution that's been evading you. Luckily, you can use your organizational skills to improve your personal life now as much as your job, even if this isn't apparent to everyone else.
Sometimes I think they are watching me... Oh, maybe they are- after all, they are the Stars, right?  duh.  AND, look at the poster I stuck up there in the beginning before I even got on the car rant!  I wear a crown ferkrisake, I do not need to play second fiddle to golf or the polls or lunch with the guys or any old game that happens to only be televised in a bar.  Lead me to the dealership!  

Nothing much else today so I'll close with a cache of squirrels I've been saving for you.
Looks a little surprised at the snow, doesn't he?  Bet those inland squirrels are going to get a belly-full of snow from Frankenstorm this week-  hope they got their nuts and berries stashed.
Party is over, little guy.
Actually this is a wild squirrel who lives near a college campus where there is a student who has befriended them with peanuts and eventually gets them into various hats she makes. I seriously doubt that her hard-working parents realize this is how she spends her time and nut money.
Squirrel Bomber



1 comment :

Mary Beth said...

ok, so you probably should at least test drive a Fiat. They don't come with a cute italian man but they are very fun to drive. I have a 500, std trans and am getting 43-45mpg.

Second, this was linked to the Bob Ross google doodle today, and I thought of you:

http://youtu.be/GVgQmPDkHOY