Sunday, October 14, 2012

harbinger arachne hocus


Seeing is in itself a movement. 
Robert Delaunay 

A little something Off the Charts-  Spiderman!



Tattoos fascinate me, I always wonder how someone chooses something to live with forever.  Tweety Bird this year could be an eventual embarrassment, we all know about the Chinese words that were incorrectly drawn on Britney's backside.  Unfortunate initials have to be erased, Tamra's tattooed wedding ring had to be incised before her new boyfriend would give her an engagement ring,  and the ubiquitous sorority girl tramp stamp will not wear well over the years.  Finally I found the perfect tattoo for me.  Short and to the point, but I think I would have it done in a different font.  Perfect. 



 Apex Predator Shoes-  "Materials: Savile Row Oxford Shoes, Size UK15, 1050 teeth dentures.  Apex predators are predators with no predators of their own,                                                 residing at the top of their food chain.“



Tim Noble and Sue Webster take ordinary things including rubbish, to make assemblages and then point light to create projected shadows which show a great likeness to something identifiable including self-portraits. The art of projection is emblematic of transformative art. The process of transformation, from discarded waste, scrap metal or even taxidermy creatures to a recognizable image, echoes the idea of ‘perceptual psychology’ a form of evaluation used for psychological patients.

 Rorik Smith handmade book, and these incredible drawings:
Incredible draughtsmanship, panoramic perspective drawings by Rorik Smith in North Wales.

I took a bunch of pictures of my books I've been making in class the other day, even finished one specifically to photograph but I ran out of time and the images are all still in the camera back in the studio.  My new rule is that I don't go to the studio alone on Sundays-  too isolated until the place gets busy again. So instead I'm going to show you a Fabulous Book called 'Patience' by Randi Parkhurst:

I think it will be a long time before I can do anything so grand, but each of the items is quite a simple form.  I think this was called 'Patience' because of what the artist went through-  it looks to all fit together so amazingly perfect!

Just got back from the first day of the Green Market here-  one opened yesterday in West Palm and one today in the Gardens- closer to me, and I loaded up with amazing stuff.  We got a conch salad that is so spicy even I have to eat tiny bits at a time.  And Pepper Jelly that is killer.  And a huge box of ribs right off the grill- the smell is driving me crazy but I vow to wait for dinner.  Spicy olives.  Also picked up some gorgeous hydrangeas, a couple of loaves of fresh bread, fresh pasta in two flavors, clam chowda for TY's lunch, a piece of smoked salmon, and of course at least a bushel of vegetables.  Quite a haul, and I am so happy to have the market back.  

So much stuff!  Pretty soon I will have to keep my camel on the balcony too.
  

No comments :