Tuesday, October 09, 2012

information hobby impish

Note-  I had written this to post over the weekend and promptly forgot it until I just found it in my drafts folder.  Pretend this was one post before the last one.  Or not.  But if you're here regularly, you will wonder what I'm up to...or what I'm on!
Spent way too long last night on Pinterest.

Right off Henry Miller's cabin wall in Big Sur:

1. Work on one thing at a time until finished.

2. Start no more new books.

3. Don't be nervous. Work calmly, joyously, recklessly on whatever is in hand.

4. Work according to Program and not according to mood.

5. When you can't create, you can work.

6. Cement a little every day, rather than add new fertilizers.

7. Keep human! See people, go places, drink if you feel like it.

8. Don't be a draught horse! Work with pleasure only.

9. Discard the Program when you feel like it--go back to it next day. Concentrate. Narrow down. Exclude.

10. Forget the books you want to write. Think only of the book you are writing.

11. Write first and always. Painting, music, friends, cinema, all these come afterwards.     HENRY MILLER



Got into the studio yesterday and worked my little fingers to the bone all morning getting a book ready to take to class next week.  I got all the pages carefully torn out of some gorgeous fiberous papers I came across, and then got them into signatures and clamped up to glue.  I waffled around trying to decide whether to sew them or glue them and went with glue because it had the time to dry.  So this morning I wake up and realize I have GLUED all the signatures together, thus rendering the whole thing useless.  When I unclamp it, all the extra pages will fall out in my fingers.  Like we say in the stupid biz-
Don't know what to do to save it-  will have to get it in my hot hands and try ripping out just the glued pages?  Don't have a clue if glue seeped through into the signatures.  Geesh.

Too much on my mind, trying to accomplish it all before I go, keeping the ducks in a row is exhausting.  Have to go back to the studio early when I drop the dogs off at their kennel, and I'll investigate.  I was rattled because I needed to do some work on the computer and the damn mouse decided to quit.  I was in the middle of a project and had to leave it on the screen until I could go buy batteries.  I always have a drawer full of batteries, not yesterday.  Of course.

Thankfully as soon as I got home after a short blast through TJMaxx, WITH the batteries, I got an acceptance the SAQA in Florida exhibit in November-December up in Delray.  Good news, now I must get that second quilt boxed up and mailed too when I come back next week.  

And with that, I must get the kibble together and get going here.  I will try to post from the great north but doubt I will have time-  all day Saturday we will have the grandkiddos and that doesn't allow for 'me' time.  It will be fun.  Then on Sunday we have the wedding obligation and it will take me most of the day to put on pantyhose, something I gave up about 1993.  I'm sure this wedding will be publicized in all the gossip magazines, though there's no gossip other than my own.  I'll try to photo bomb some pictures so you can see that I was there.  

Would rather curl up on the couch and watch animal shows with the doggies, my favorite night if somebody brings me Chinese food too.

Later, Much Later:  Here are my kids, don't tell them I posted these here, but not often are we all together and certainly not dressed to the teeth!  Aren't they purtty?


My birth children are both on the right, my 'found' children are both on the left.  Adults.  There were many days I never thought this would happen.  And I retired happily as 'Mommy', Oh so happily!
And the update-  I was right, as soon as I opened the book all the signature innards fell out but the outside pages were perfectly glued.  SO, now I have two books in progress!  Am not taking them to Boston, will sew up the signatures in the second one JUST LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED.  And the first mistake book has 24 pages so it will be OK too.  whew.
Content?  I don't need no stinkin' content!

No comments :