Friday, January 04, 2013

breakage codon cursor


Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.

- Albert Schweitzer




Montage of space helmets, and (below) one very unhappy space traveler.  LOVE his carrier!


And just a few more good ones:



(see Amazon book below!)



Urban Doodling
  Japanese artist Sagaki Keita (perviously here and here) recently updated his portfolio with a number of new works from 2012. Keita creates composite pen and ink illustrations using thousands of densely scribbled doodles, goofy characters seemingly born from the margins of notebook paper that then form everything from Roman statues to artworks from pop culture. Several of these illustrations are actually part of a commissioned campaign for Expedia from late last year. You can see much more on his website.
*uodate-  I posted the incorrect info yesterday, this is the corrected form!  Sorry.   Sandy



Carter Smith dying his work in his Nahant studio.  Wonderful, ethereal colorful clothing!



I saved for a long time to grab a piece, now I'm afraid to wear it because of the dog's toenails!
(photos from the Fiber Art Now post, also worth coveting)




Banksy's book, available on Amazon.  On my wish list immediately 
when I read the front piece:
"I don't need no stinkin' copyright"
(Of course that was right below the publishers copyright notice.)  Oh well.


A very cool gingerbread Downton Abbey!


This is sort of Semi-Finally!  But why didn't *I* think of this?  I am forever dumping cheese into hot frying pans and waiting for it to turn crunchy, and I am also always making grilled cheese sandwiches.  Now I can do both in One Swell Foop.  (But not on white bread- ugh!)


And now for the 'finally, of course Raven-Related:

Here is the link to the ASCAR website,  The American Society of Crows and Ravens, though it doesn't look to be taken care of lately.  Still there is lots of information here if you have the same weird obsessions I do.  I signed on to their subscription newsletter long before internet times, and received it for years and years.  Finally it went online but things slowed down when the founder passed away apparently.

No comments :