Thursday, March 14, 2013

frambesia clive dalton-1610


Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel. 


And in the same vein as the ad above:

I know, I know.  Burros are not ponies, but isn't this better than sequeing to the current horsemeat issue?

Well I got the distressing message that Google Reader is going the way of the Passenger Pigeon so now I have to find a new RSS reader for my collection of 100+ blogs I try to keep up with.  I tried three that claim they can import from Google but none-  yeah, I mean NONE of them would work. They said that they were too busy downloading everybody else's readers to do mine, and to come back later. Damn, don't they know I have a SYSTEM, fer kryinoutloud.  A well honed system.  Already they moved my reader over from Blogger Dashboard, now this.  Meanwhile I was finally able to copy all the blog names off and stuck them in a text file for when I do find a reader. Any suggestions?

I took the day off today to go drive a car. Yup, I am getting a car, have to call tomorrow to whine about the price and put my name on it, then call around looking for money for this project.  The cool thing is that at my ADVANCED age, this is the first car I have ever bought on my own.  Test drove it down I-95 too, so that made it mine as I vanquished trucks to the right, trucks to the left...  Bronze with white leather seats and a roof opening, four doors and a seat for each one.  Cup holders (they seemed to think their sliding, errr 'repositionable', cup holders on a metal track were a great feature.  I had a thought that my dogs will get caught up on it but it was fleeting.  It comes with standard shift but I got the automatic for resale-  nobody knows how to drive standard any more-  neither of my kids know how, and trying to teach them that was way above my pay grade.   I'll tell you more about it when it arrives, but finally I will be on my own and not dependent on being dropped off and picked up.  So maybe Next Year I can do Focus on Fiber.  Hear that, Mary?

Been messing about with Photoshop-  I need some pictures for a double frame with doggies so here's where I am today-  Molly is serious and focused,  Pepper is actually laughing.  Have to print them out tomorrow.  Love these guys.




Artist Elena Kliment required more than 1,300 pounds (600 kg) of Belgian chocolate to complete the room's chairs, table, fireplace flower pot, tea cups, drawers and other elements, which were installed over a period of two weeks at the ALL shopping center in Minsk

So, with that, I guess I'll go out with a squawk. Tomorrow is another day out of the studio as I have a series of Open Houses to get to.  I'll probably give out early on that, maybe come home and write another blog post.  That's how exciting tomorrow will be.
Ciao.

2 comments :

Deb Lacativa said...

I read that Reader demise note and said "oh shit" and followed somebody's breadcrumbs to Feedly for Chrome..clicked "yea, sure, whatever" and all my stuff from reader slopped over to the Feedly which is a kinda creepy name. Now to see if I like looking at it, as if there was an option.

Sandy said...

I don't do the feedreader thing. I only follow about 5 because they post so irregularly I can miss them when they do. But they are ones I appreciate when they do get round to it.

I put most of mine on a blog list in my sidebar, I call it featured blogs.
the rest are on my favourites. I check them about once or twice a week.
a few are on the dashboard as ones I follow as I mentioned above.
Sandy in the UK