Saturday, September 14, 2013

solomon friar experience





"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly."   Buckminster Fuller


Good morning bunnies-  I am feeling quite wonderful today after a fabulous Thai meal last night, my first night out in ages.  Good friends arrived back in Florida this week so the games can begin.  It will be lovely to have more people around and a schedule of stuff to do again outside of just the studio every day.  I know, I know-  a few months ago I couldn't wait for them to leave but I had my dose of solitude and being a single parent to the fur ('It's not fur, they have hair!') guys, so it's (temporarily) nice to see humans again.  Frankly I may change my mind soon with all the cooking I have to do, but so far it's OK.  I am carefully working on breaking TY from standing in front of the open refrigerator looking for...something....  Aaarugh!  His shoulder isn't getting any better, his PT starts Monday, so it may well get worse before there is any improvement.  One of his friends stopped by the other day and between the two of them, two grown men, they had ONE working shoulder and ONE working knee.  The land of the lame and the halt.  Sigh.

Every path has a few puddles.




A few more examples of Sumpthin' From Nuthin', I think I'll move on from this in a day or two, as soon as I use up the links I already have.  Are you listening?  Are you there?  Oh hell, I bet you're just waiting for the squirrels.


Artist Jennifer Maravillas  is collecting trash and torn-out pieces of paper from every single block in Brooklyn to create a 10 x 10 foot map. The project called "71 Square Miles", takes its name from the vast size of the borough and  focuses on the vernacular, emotions, colors, organizations, and establishments of the pieces found or acquired. But why use garbage to map Brooklyn? "Because of how dirty it is," she says, "Because of how much garbage is available, and how it shows the culture of the neighborhood."



Lindseystitches,   'A Prayer for a Strong Heart'.  Here are my red winged blackbirds!
vintage linen handkerchief, cotton embroidery, cotton embroidery floss  10” by 10”





Alexandre Chamelat from France, photos using 1 point perspective of the Montreal metro system.



OK, You win-  its SQUIRREL TIME:
See you Monday, I think I'll take tomorrow off.

No comments :