Thursday, November 28, 2013

bialystok diffusive befell

Turtlekey?  Watch what you eat,
remember moderation- 
(pass that pie!)  and now say thanks.
******************************************




We live within the process of creation just as much as it exists within us."Shaun McNiff



Yeah, that's my dashboard and it says 27 degrees.  Shoot me now.  They are having a cool spell in Florida too, it's all the way down to low 70's this week.  Sock weather.

Ask me if I care about Black Friday.  Ask me if I am going shopping.  Don't ask me what's wrong with me.  





Katherine Soucie:   Bio | Katherine Soucie    I am an artist who works with textile waste and the discarded.I am a designer who transforms waste, utilizes obsolete clothing and textilemachinery and incorporates traditional artisanal techniques in response to the society we live in.I remix mending and artisanal handcraft applications with obsolete and digital technologies derived from my formal training in fashion, textiles and printmaking in order to produce by-products that act as a reminder of what is often left behind.

  • INCOMPLETE MANIFESTO FOR CHANGE     Bruce Mau
  • Love your experiments (as you would an ugly child). 

    Joy is the engine of growth. Exploit the liberty in casting your work as beautiful experiments, iterations, attempts, trials, and errors. Take the long view and allow yourself the fun of failure every day.




Waiting for Memories
Installation / Mixed material on wooden plate / 2013
Life-sized self-portrait with personal objects which tell the story about who the artist is.
Concentrating on other uses for useless and beautiful things, Swiss artist Till Könneker develops his work in an explorative and playful manner, always ready to trust chance. His latest project titled "Waiting for Memories" is a life-sized self-portrait made from thousands of meticulously arranged personal objects such as vintage ephemera, office supplies, toys and hardware. Via his website, "Ideas and the images from his mind are the origins of most of his works, however it is the interplay of these images with the laws of nature, chaos and chance that truly are the foundation for  Könnekers final creations."



pig drumming
OMG.




Jaunty Chapeau, eh?

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

1 comment :

Mary Beth Frezon said...

pig drumming? Now I don't feel so bad about using my cats as bagpipes.