Friday, November 29, 2013

incondensable septuagenarian nelson



The last thing one discovers in composing a work is what to put first.



Cousins!  Finally!
Finally I got everything picked up and put away.  i sent home all the food with the kids ad have been putting away stuff and doing dishes all day in preparation for going home early tomorrow.  I can't wait-  I miss my dogs and my friends and my STUDIO.  I've had 3 trips to Boston this month. not leaving much time to get anything going there, so that's my first order of business.  Second order of business is to put in the time at PT to get my shoulder back.  I've bee doing the pulley and rope stuff but am more successful at part of them than others.  This is gonna hurt...

Early to bed and early to rise AGAIN tomorrow, I look forward to actually sleeping in until 7 in a few days-  wham it gets light!

So lets get on it-  here's some stuff I've been intrigued with lately!  MIRRORS.





mirror house:  Part architectural intervention and part optical illusion, Lucid Stead is a recently unveiled installation by artist Phillip K Smith III in Joshua Tree, California. The artist modified an existing 70-year-old homesteader shack by introducing mirrors to create the illusion of transparency, as the structure now takes on the lighting characteristics of anything around it.




self portraits with mirrors:  Published just last week Vivian Maier: Self-Portraits is a newly published collection of the mysterious Chicago photographer’s self-portraits. If you’re unfamiliar with Maier’s amazing story you can get caught up here





Heading Home

No comments :