Tuesday, November 19, 2013

coffman husbandry anabaptist



I force myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste.


Here's my scarecrow that was used at the opening party here while I was gone.  Next to her is the Scare-Horse and somebody's wizard or Black Santa, whatever it is.  I have the scarecrow back in the studio and all the crows (almost) that she started out with.  I'll use them for something at some point.    I also have the damn black jacket back that needs the arms shortened- looks like that will be a project to complete when I get back too.

Today I was able to crochet a couple of edges of the thousands of hexagons since that only uses one hand.  I can't do any handwork and am going crazy with mind wanderings without a focus.  I see the doc again tomorrow and that isn't too soon for me!  I have to drop Molly off sat the vet too for another glucose curve.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if we got some Good News for a change?  After tomorrow I am headed back to Boston for 10 days.  I will be mega-bizzy there trying to figure out how to pick up a turkey and stick it into the oven one-armed and hauling Pellegrino water bottles up from the garage one at a time.  And helping out with the wee Mister who is apparently a Tasmanian Devil at feeding time.  If it doesn't kill me it will make me stron-ger, stron-ger, stron-ger.  (ear worm alert)

All this is to tell ya that blogging may take a back seat for awhile but I'll do my best to check in here and there.  Don't abandon me yet...



 Jan Huling – Bead Artist   A recent review, the New York Times dubbed my work “oddball assemblages,” and aptly so. My three-dimensional collages combine found objects with surface design, sometimes touching on narrative themes. I’m also drawn to religious and political icons, inspired by a continuing fascination with indigenous or popular culture and world religions. By juxtaposing these icons with an eclectic assortment of objects, the viewer is challenged to consider common images within an altered context.



New shoes at Anthropologie with BUNNY EARS!



Live a good, honorable life… Then when you get older and think back, 
you’ll enjoy it a second time.







Bad Taxidermy with thanks to Mandi for sending it on!
Priceless!

No comments :