Monday, November 18, 2013

lethargy defensible machine



One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.



My only other 'Br'er' picture, rest assured.  He is on a braided rug my mother made and I inherited but was just too Colonial for me to stand living with so I sold it at a garage sale and didn't tell her.  She spent a year washing, cutting, folding, pressing, and winding strips from used clothing and then crawling around the ever-enlarging oval braiding and stitching every two foot length to the edge.  Believe me, this was NOT a random braid, she took out and re-did areas several times so the color changes would all line up.  My mother was the definition of perfectionist, a home-ec teacher who knew the 'right' way to do everything.  

Thus all those miserable years trying to be like her.  

By contrast, I found this 'rug' that pretty much sums up how I live-  cutting up valuable stuff like an oriental rug to make oddities and frivolities.  This isn't mine, but I wish it were!  I bet Br'er would have liked curling up right behind the head so he could 'fix' the ear to his liking...

And that is it for memory lane today.






Amanda McCavour creates delicate and intricate thread illustration-sculptures by sewing into a fabric that dissolves in water. This method allows her to build a threaded structure that stays in place once the fabric dissolves. The result is embroidery that appears fragile, on the verge of unraveling. She recreates domestic scenery, like that of chairs, side tables, electric sockets, in addition to other figures such as hands, a garden, and a steam pump. The effect of this work is ephemeral and whimsical.





the work of Spanish artist/illustrator Maria Hergueta… I love the feminine feel to her work 

{don’t even get me started on that cross-stitched illustration!}.



In the WTF file.  Want me to go back to rabbits soon?

No comments :