Thursday, November 14, 2013

denmark maxima histochemistry



A writer is someone for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people. 

The News from Area 51:  Oy.  Today was the MRI on my shoulder, last week was the x-ray.  The week before was the chest x-ray and next week is the colonoscopy and then, yup, a mammogram after Thanksgiving.  I am friggin' RADIOACTIVE!  Hated the MRI, it hurt to lie still for so long and the earphones only amplified my discomfort.  I needed to scratch my nose, but I was being jackhammered from all directions.  Started hallucinating that I was in a  coffin and they were digging it up-  in such a hurry to get out of there I threw my bra into my purse and beat it to the parking lot!  The tech followed me out yelling, 'Have a Nice Daaaay!'

So I am home making cookies instead of going to the studio.  I had found some peanut-butter chocolate powder you are supposed to add water to make actual peanut butter but I didn't like it much, neither peanut butter OR chocolate so I threw half the jar into the cookies and added white chocolate ships.  I made them because I really don't LIKE peanut butter anything so I HOPE I won't eat them.  Perhaps.  They are actually pretty good, not epic, but OK to stuff my face so I 'have a nice daaaaay'.  As soon s the next batch comes out I need to go read a magazine, they are arriving faster than I can read them and now they are joined by Christmas catalogs too-  the pile mounts quickly.

This whole fall has been crummy from TY's surgery to all the trips home and now all the things I must do that involve bodily probes meanwhile having just enough pain that it has sapped any vestige of energy I had left.  If you're lucky and haven't left me in the dust, things WILL pick up


cousin (?) Pete






British artist Dean Patman utilises spoons, forks, teapots, knives and other found objects to create bizarrely life-like animal sculptures inspired by natural history. Dean has always been fascinated by the shape and sculptural forms of animals, drawing, modelling them, or hunting them as a child in the garden. "I've always been a little nutty about animals." he says, "At school my teachers soon learnt that the best way to motivate me was to make it about animals. I especially loved being able to draw or model them."




Thai photographer Visarute Angkatavanich shoots phenomenal portraits of Siamese fighting fish (betta). The intimate photos are perfectly lit in clear water and look as if the fish are floating in midair. See much more here


  • INCOMPLETE MANIFESTO FOR CHANGE     Bruce Mau
  • Forget about good. 
    Good is a known quantity. Good is what we all agree on. Growth is not necessarily good. Growth is an exploration of unlit recesses that may or may not yield to our research. As long as you stick to good you’ll never have real growth.


the original nut cracker

No comments :