Sunday, November 17, 2013

deneb paramount asexual




I don't know exactly where ideas come from, but when I'm working well ideas just appear. I've heard other people say similar things - so it's one of the ways I know there's help and guidance out there. It's just a matter of our figuring out how to receive the ideas or information that are waiting to be heard.
Jim Henson



Thanksgiving 1972, my parents and myself on their first meeting with TY's parents!  I am older now than they were in this picture!  OMG.  This Thanksgiving would have been their 75th Anniversary.  They only lived long enough to see their 65th, still pretty amazing.  Wish they knew their three great-grandchildren!

  
 I admit to not looking like that any longer, I figure all my cells have turned over a couple of times and I am a whole different person-   but thought you might enjoy how other's age too, and maybe not so gracefully!




In his ongoing series of photorealistic oil paintings called the Aging Superhero, Swedish artist Andreas Englund takes us into the candidly humorous life of an anonymous superhero who has probably seen better days. Though he still puts up a tough fight, the wear and tear of battling crime has taken its toll on this elderly action figure. 


From Marryweather, a stitched message to heed:

The Most Important
Thing in Life is to be
Yourself.  Unless you
can be Batman.
Always Be Batman





A project by London-based Sean and Pansy, aka Salt’n’Pepper Squid, "The Diving Bell" is a thinking cap constructed from recycled cardboard designed to alleviate the physiological pressure of coming up with ideas on demand. For Sean and Pansy who work on advertising campaigns on a daily basis, the act of putting on your own ‘Diving Bell’ is the time you use to discover, search and generate those ideas. Speaking about the project they said, "We felt the material gave a sense of lightness and frivolousness to what could be a forbidding experience. Slats were designed to allow the outside world an intimate view into this secretive space, whilst also emphasising the need for creatives to absorb as much as possible."

Even older and scarier!

No comments :