Friday, November 01, 2013

rosette daytime nun

(A very flattering picture of moi, don't you think?  omg...)
I am so sick of knitting these stupid little hexagons:  40+ so far.
Perhaps I could sell them for nose warmers?


"Rules serve no purpose, they can only do harm . . . not only must the artist's mind be clear, it must
  also be free."   Fredrico Zuccaro



Happy Harvest, Halloween Scarecrow!
hope the party is a great success!  Wish I were there with my doppleganger
***

YEAAA, tonight we are going out for dinner! An actual restaurant and he will be wearing real clothes!  He has taken a turn for the better and is now almost coherent and has taken a shower and has learned to put his own slangy-ding on and off!  This morning he wiggled himself into a golf shirt and he's only taken maybe fifteen naps so far-  all the better to stay awake through dinner!  Of course he can't drink, but that sure won't stop me-  oh lordy I deserve a glass of wine.  And if I get that maybe you won't be getting MY WHINE!  Thanks for putting up with it.  As of tomorrow I will be back at my life, and that's all I need to get back to 'happy'.  I'll check in on Sunday with my doggies at my feet and my pantry full of eats.  



INCOMPLETE MANIFESTO FOR CHANGE     Bruce Mau
Explore the other edge. 

Great liberty exists when we avoid trying to run with the technological pack. We can’t find the leading edge because it’s trampled underfoot. Try using old-tech equipment made obsolete by an economic cycle but still rich with potential.




Nathan Vincent: , manly crochet





Playing with fire takes the literal meaning here. Osaka-based artist Hiromi Hirasaka saw boring matchsticks as a potential blank canvas, so started drawing Kokeshi-style faces on the match heads, creating these super cute and quirky design pieces.



Lookit what wandered into the Mac store and was caught by MaryBeth just for me!
Bestest Squirrel Prize of the day!
she's got my numbah, ya think?


No comments :