Friday, December 13, 2013

clapeyron anteater rinehart



It, (creativity) requires an inclination to step into the unknown, as well as the ability to persist when there is no end in sight.   Shaun McNiff



The therapy three days a week is getting to me-  I wake up dreading it, and the whole thing is painful until just before I have to go back again!  But I am making a bit of progress, can get my arm almost perpendicular to the ground to my side, can reach almost straight armed up up up, and they trust me enough to give me the weighted club to swing around.  (But I notice nobody gets near me wham I am so armed!)  The good things are the ultrasound sitting while it warms up the shoulder and then when I leave they give me an anti-inflammatory patch that they activate with a battery.  I never heard of such things, but damn, it DOES work getting rid of the pain.  Bored yet?  Even *I* am bored by it all.  

Today I had to race out of the house early and didn't get any breakfast so I stopped at a diner on the way to the studio and couldn't believe that my mouth ordered a waffle.  This might have something to do with the waffle obsession I've had lately, in fact checking for Belgian Waffle Makers at Bed Bath and Boring yesterday.  Found one for $59 with a$10 rebate but just couldn't do it-  I'm too old to get my money's worth of waffles out of it before it (or I) break.  I used to have a great one that wasn't electric.  You folded the batter into the two plates and set it on the burner.  When that side was done you turned it over and waited a bit longer.  Loved it, but apparently they don't make that one any more
look ma, no cord!

(I got curious and checked Amazon and they DO have the model I'm talking about even after 40 years!  Two stores offered it, one for $107 and one for $111.  Fergitabou'it.)
Where is that damn Santa-baby when you need him?

So, after the Waffle Extravaganza, off I went to the studio and decided the jacket needed some major changes so I fused a different fabric and cut strips so it's ready to add as soon as I get back in.  This is my last remaining piece of a Lonni Rossi fabric scrap I had from one of her first collections and it's perfect.  I think I will have just enough to add the strips up the top, over the shoulders and down the back seams.  If not, then one seam will be covered with something else-  another one of the damn 'design opportunities' that always slap me in the face.


Comics that Nourish by Stephen McCranie



All I need is the molten aluminum-  got the fire ants and  wouldn't even be bothered a bit with their screams!





Currently in the last stages of construction after nearly 7 years of development, the Kelpies are a pair of gargantuan horse heads by public artist Andy Scott that now tower over the Forth & Clyde canal in Falkirk, Scotland. The sculptures measure some 30 meters tall (99 ft.) and are meant as a monument to the horse-powered heritage of Scotland. 




As part of his latest project NHDK, photographer Víctor Enrich challenged himself to digitally reconfigure the same building in Munich, Germany in 88 different configurations. The Barcelona-based artist is known for his warped and skewed interpretations of architecture in locations around the world.





And because we are talking about little girl PINK,  this in from my friend Sue out in Mendocino-
Squirrels and MARTINIS-  why didn't I think of that?


1 comment :

Mary Beth Frezon said...

Living where I live I would spring for the "wireless" waffle maker. Who could argue with being able to make and eat hot waffles when you are without electricity? (Those who live in places frequently without power are grateful for gas stoves!)

Feel your pain re PT, once did that for killer shinsplints and the PT felt better than the shinsplints themselves. Wish someone would recommend some PT for my shoulders. I'm tired of being annoyed by them.