Saturday, December 14, 2013

digression ferocious bissau



A belief in hell and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumor.
Aldous Huxley 



A new Kickstarter Project, but I'm leaving this one to all the drummers I know:

Yup, DRUMPANTS-  things you stick down your pants that react to thumping and bumping on your legs through a little synthesizer you hook onto your belt.  Just imagine that 5 PM city bus... Worse than '100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall, 100 Bottles o Beeeeeeeer..."  And all the drummers I know are now grown out of their teenage years and only drum in their heads.

Just got a call from TY and he's staying down in Miami for the Patriots game tomorrow so I can go to bed as soon as the dogs will allow!  I've been so tired lately, not sleeping well with my roaming companion here and the tv going all night long.  He manages to snore and claim he's awake-  I don't get it.  So I will finish Lilyhammer and read my book and drift off.  I've gotten a lot done today, mostly reading and it's been a pleasure to have a day off.  Perhaps tomorrow I can get to the studio and finish up that darn jacket for a checkmark in the completed column, a rarity these days.






Gotta buy a Dyson








Inside Out Embroidered Bears

Deborah Simon sculpts anatomically correct bears out of polymer clay, faux fur, linen, embroidery floss, acrylic paint, glass, wire and foam. Aside from their size (around 22″ high), Simon’s bears are realistically detailed and meticulously fabricated. Her inside-out bears tread the boundaries of taxidermy, toy, and sculpture.



Now, for a particularly seasonal treat, I've been collecting creche scenes.  There is even a website on these, so I didn't have to search far for the ridiculous (assuming the bears above are the 'sublime' part of todays hunting and gathering!)  So, here we go:
Penguin Nativity.  Huh?
Were there penguins in Bethlehem?

Meat Nativity, primarily sausages and bacon on a bed of something...maybe parmesan?
I do know there was meat in Bethlehem, probably not nearly enough to make this though. Must have been kufta, not Italian sausages.

Pop Food Puzzle Nativity
Shepards Pie, Mary's tomatoes, Sloppy Joes, Babybels, and THREE WISE POTATO CHIPS!
This cracked me up.

Next we have Mary wearing a fish bowl snow globe over her head, glub glub glub.  Maybe that years version of hand sanitizer?

And now we have baby Jesus in the water filled snow globe fish bowl!  They do look somewhat concerned... but who would stick their baby in a snow globe?
Who thinks of this shit?






Russian photographer Alexander Khokhlov is back with another unique concept and a lot more color. Teaming up again with Valeriya Kutsan, one of the best make-up artists in Russia, they have created a new series called 2D or Not 2D that transforms the faces of models into 2-dimensional paintings. Using various techniques, like pixelation, collage, cartoon outlines, and colorful shading, the only tell tale sign left that these pictures are even photographs are the models’ eyes peering from the painting.


This is where I tell you what I don't want for Christmas, along with all the stuff on today's blog, what I REALLY don't want is a crate of alive and dead baby otters:
Fortunately for me, and the otters, they are hard to come by.
Have a fun weekend, hope the snow is the usual bust for the weathermen.

No comments :