Tuesday, December 17, 2013

hardy dora basis airman



The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, 
which mean never losing your enthusiasm.
Aldous Huxley 


Good news from the ward today-  I can knit-a-bit without excruciating pain!  Add that to the skills I have regained with the therapy.  Of course that also means I have to dig deep to early last spring when I started abandoning projects.  Now I have to go back and find my place and start in hoping it will all match up eventually.  The sweater I took to the Stitch class this morning just needs some ribbing on the sleeves to finish so I was working on it today, picking up stitches and counting away, when I remembered WHY that one was abandoned-  because it was too tight!  So now I'll finish up the bloody sleeve edges and block the hell out of it.  And buy a minimizer bra.  Damn.

Got the front edges done on the vest at the studio. got the buttons placed and the buttonholes marked out-  just need a little courage to actually do them!  So that's the next thing to hit the completed pile, soon I hope.

So today's goodies are things I've had in the file to share for awhile now-  that's why there's no theme or rhyme or reason.  Usually I try for some sort of relationships between the artists I pick out.  Maybe next time.



Sally Lundburg is a multi-disciplinary artist based on the Big Island of Hawaii. Her portfolio is full of interesting projects, but it was these hauntingly beautiful interventions in the woods, titled Space Invader, that grabbed me immediately. Here, in Sally’s words, is the description of this project:
“As I walk the land and plan these modifications/adaptations/hybridizations, intertwining own real and imaginary genealogy, I reflect on Hawaii’s history of ecological and social invasion and a cultural landscape that is still shifting today.”


Multimedia artist Elsa Mora was born and raised in Cuba before moving to the U.S. in 2001. Mora now lives and works in Los Angeles where she creates beautiful cut paper sculptures, illustrations and other visual curiosities nothing but paper and glue. A number of her original works are available in her shop and on Etsy.






chocolate art supplies by design firm Nendo are probably whetting your appetite. These tubes of paint and pencils are completely edible, and the paint tubes are full of different sweet fillings. You can sharpen the “pencils” and use the shavings to enhance other desserts.

I do have to say I DONT want my chocolates in paint tubes but isn't this a neat presentation?  Let's see-  what else DON'T I want for Christmas...
Found it-  Bacteria shaped plush toys!  I get enough of the real thing from hanging out with the grandkids and taking planes!  So, please, don't have these sent even if they offer free shipping!  Thanks.


A Little Addendum-  a Lady who Sews makes a Christmas Card:   save me.  This is the rep I have tried so hard to overcome!   (BTW,  this is not me, this is not anywhere on my fabric shelves, I do not know any of these people, I promise.)  I'm sure they are feeling spiffy, so Happy Holidays to all of 'em.  I wonder how she dressed them this year, hope at least one of the kids went goth and dad bought his mid-life gold chains.  But you do know these costumes are in a trunk somewhere for the grandchildren.  Oy.

No comments :