Monday, January 06, 2014

clothesman insensible jealous

Definitive proof of flying saucers.




Meanness don’t jes’ happen overnight.

I survived my 'procedure' this morning,  got my peanut butter crackers and a big glass of cranberry juice and am now home unable to drive for 24 hours!  I'm not supposed to use any heavy machinery either so that leaves out doing laundry, doesn't it?  I think so.  One dog is at the vets for the day so I only have one to deal with and he's so easy, always wants to be ON one of my limbs so he's in close contact.  Poor thing.  
His doppleganger was pulled out of Tampa Bay the other day-  she was dog paddling 2 miles out, no one in sight, and fortunately a fisherman happened by and grabbed her.  She is a well groomed, well fed, well behaved doggie with an expensive collar with her name, 'Baby', on it, and a microchip which has a disconnected telephone number.  They've tried to publicize her plight but so far no one has come forward.  You'd think someone would recognize her with all this tv time.  For now she is being well cared for and constantly accompanying a guy on his boat moored where they brought her in-  he says she knows boats and is comfortable on his.  And fortunately he seems like a kindly old guy letting her lead the way in her healing.  Wish I could go grab her but don't think my other two residents would appreciate three-way kibble sharing!  Meet 'Baby':
worry worry worry





 A collaboration between set designer Gemma Tickle, and photographer Aaron Tilley for British foodie magazine The Gourmand, "Tradizione, Costruzione" is an homage to Italian architecture created using the country’s most famous foodstuff, pasta. In a recent interview with AnOther magazine, Aaron Tilley said, "We eat pasta all the time but forget how architectural it is as a material."






Petra Blahova, a graphic designer based in Kendal, UK created this stunning typeface by freezing colorful flowers and fruits in alphabetical ice cubes. Each bit of botany was meticulously arranged to fit the contours of the letters. Speking about the project Petra said, “You can create typography from anything,” 



Third load of laundry is ringing away, I have run the machine in defiance to my orders from the doc.  But I have to get things in shape to leave here.  Working on the biggest machine, the refrigerator too.  So now I'll leave you with the SOTD (squirrel-of-the-day)  a short and sweet video of a cutie:

A clean little squirrel

No comments :