Friday, January 31, 2014

siskin bullhead dread



Those who are wise won’t be busy, and those who are too busy can’t be wise.― Lin Yutang


Stay tuned tomorrow, February 1st, 'cause you'll get my free (probably plagiarized in places*),  collaged ideas, free, cobbled together thoughts, free, recycled class notes, free Rant on Creativity.  Did I say free?  Since it looks like I can't post a pdf on the Muse's blog I guess I will ask that you fire me off an email or leave your email in the comments (if you dare) and I will send it along right away.  You don't have to write to me, just put RANT in the subject line.   I'm sorry for this extra step, but you will get a ready-to-print copy if that's what you do with it.  Anyway, do what you want. I know I will... 

  • INCOMPLETE MANIFESTO FOR CHANGE     Bruce Mau
  • Ask stupid questions. 
    Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer, not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant.

Today it's pouring out, second full day, so I stayed home to cook.  I made a big batch of Mario's traditional sauce and cooked up a couple of pounds of sausage, then I also made the stuffed cabbage rolls which I tried and didn't especially like.  I sort of made them up and slammed they together because I was too lazy to find a recipe and worked from memory.  Always a mistake when MY memory is involved.  I'm all done cooking' now and it's too late to head to the studio so I'll hang out at home for a change and finish up tomorrows post.
UPDATE-  the cabbage rolls were really hard and the rice hadn't cooked so I dumped on some water, covered them, and stuck them back in the oven.  A half hour later they were PERFECT!  **Sometimes there is a hairline between failure and perfection! **
Applicable to both cooking and art, guaranteed. 
So, as my father used to say, 
PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT
(One of the main things I got from my dad were some great sayings.)







Furniture maker Michael Maxwell of Virginia is the man behind Silverball, a company which re-purposes vintage pinball machines as coffee tables, side tables, bars, consoles, wall mirrors and more. Using the back glasses and playing fields from old pinball machines, and combining them with his woodworking and crafting skills, he creates one of a kind collectibles.




Embroidery on leaves, stones, and sticks!These stunning little pieces are the work of Cornwall based artist Susanna Bauer  

And now, just for fun-  imagine seeing one of these coming at you!




Knitted ski masks.  This may be why I don't ski



 Happy L'il Squirlographer taking your picture.  (He uses film not digital!)


probably plagiarized in places*-  I hope not, but I am working from notes I took over the last three decades and I didn't keep good track of where all my points came from.  If you see something suspicious, please contact me right away and I will add attributions.  

No comments :