Monday, February 24, 2014

bookseller hough adenosine

good words!

Whole weekend disappeared into racing around to get Molly's eyedrops in on schedule.  She's doing well, waiting by the window to see me come into the courtyard, jumping on me for food, almost back to normal.  Some hair has started to grow in and cover her  ugly gray and pink skin so she is a bit more appealing again. (don't tell her I said that)

The cortisone shot seemed to have worked a bit of magic over the weekend too because today I was able to reach further, stretch a bit more and I really noticed a difference finally.  They were pretty busy there as one of the therapists was out so I did my own thing around the room, then I was told I was done for the day and to go home.  Good thing, got back just in time for the 11 AM eye drop extravaganza, and that took half an hour by the time I let each one settle for a few minutes.  

I managed to get to the studio after that and actually fixed two of TY's shirts 
he had ripped on something pointy in his car door.  

Then I was free so I worked more on the Serial Killer Quilt (SKQ) and actually committed to some stitching by 'drawing' concentric circles suggesting a target.  I'm thinking of printing on the bullseye-  will worry that to death at 2 AM as usual.  After that I was feeling so punchy that I made a backing and got it pinned.  Next day at the studio I will work on quilting- i think I am going to work from the back on this and perhaps not caring what happens on the front will free me up a bit.  Eh?  One can hope.  All the killers are fused on the backs waiting for placement.

When I got home I was greeted by UPS with a package from the UK-  Rowan sent me back my Cinque de Mayo quilt that they published in one of their books maybe 10 years ago!  I had never billed them for it, so I guess when they were cleaning out they found it wasn't in their 'collection''.  If you don't have all the Rowan patchwork books on hand, I guess I will post a picture when one gets taken, maybe tomorrow.  I had mailed it off without a jpg and the only photo I have is the one they published!  Maybe somebody will want it-  it's a perfect table topper size for your salsa parties!  Or whatever.






Barcelona-based sculptor Jordi Diez Fernandez works pimarily with welded steel fragments to create monumental human forms. His most recent piece is a tribute to civil engineer Ildefons Cerdà (top) who was largely responsible for designing the 19th-century extension of Barcelona called the Eixample, a memorial now on view in the municipality of Centelles







Purty quilts, eh?  Wrong.  These are different-  Inspired by the history and structure of American quilts, New York artist Stephen Sollins creates meticulously constructed large-scale artworks, made from Tyvek pouches, patterned safety envelopes, New York City parking tickets and junk mail. Each work is constructed with hidden seams, creating three-dimensional structures beneath the surface, much like those in traditional fabric quilts.The end result is both an homage to the original designs from historical pieces and the discovery of something completely new. 



And we'll go out with a squirrel in body armor!
Looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments :