Monday, February 10, 2014

duffy blackball fast



Helped are those who create anything at all, 
for they shall relive the thrill of their own conception.   Alice Walker 



Seeing-Eye-Person Report:  Spent Sunday with Molly, working on getting her from here to there.  I am figuring in my own head that pretty soon some muscle memory will kick in and she will know better what direction she's headed in.  She seems to always veer off to the right if I give her a lead which makes me wonder if she still has some sort of vision on that side.  Yesterday we fell into a drainage grate in the studio parking lot-  I swear I never saw it and all of a sudden her legs fell through the holes.  And this was a place I never thought dangerous for her because she romped around in that parking lot every time she came to the studio with me!  But with sight, she knew to not go near the grates.  Luckily no cars were there so I got down on the asphalt and pulled her legs out one at a time, but as soon as I'd get two out, one of them would fall back in- took awhile to manage that, and I was very afraid of pulling her too hard and breaking a leg!  She steps a bit more hesitantly on the road now and pretty much stays by Peppers shoulder- so humiliating for her since she has had no use for him since we adopted him!  

Today I call the Sea Lion eye doc and see what she says, meanwhile I'll keep working with her wa;lying around outside and inside.  She can get from room to room and pretty much finds us by sound inside but she must be so frustrated and scared.  






Working with bold isometric forms created from bright neon tape, New York artist Aakash Nihalani transforms outdoor spaces into playful installations. Of his work Nihalani shares:  For however briefly, I am trying to offer people a chance to step into a different New York than they are used to seeing, and in turn, momentarily escape from routine schedules and lives.

Another pesky gif-  this one showing bird flight patterns.  I could watch this forever!



 Reminiscent of the people who sew directly on their hands, just as off-putting as these where the embroidery is done on a photograph:  
More of the work of Peruvian artist Ana Teresa Barboza. Yep. I love it.  Some of her work is so simple, and other pieces are incredibly complex – but all of them have so much feeling – and some of those feelings are pretty uncomfortable, especially in those last two pieces! 



Squirrel photobomb

No comments :