Saturday, March 22, 2014

eisenhower proceed emily

(add your own passion here)


The finest language is mostly made up of simple, unimposing words.   George Eliot 


Sitting here waiting for my "birthday anniversary surprise" to be delivered.  TY went to the airport and they are now in the car on the way home but Hazel had a bad trip throwing up the whole way.  Kinda throws my dinner into a tizzy, I'll let her mother direct me.  Made a giant crab quiche for the adults, doubt she would eat it anyway.

I again found the person driving around in my doppleganger car, right down to the checkerboard mirror covers!  This time I pulled into the Publix parking lot and this was the ONLY space available, go figure.  I sat there waiting to see if they would come out but they didn't (she needs a parking lesson, eh?)  Finally went in to get the three things I needed and came out to her coming around to MY aisle to check out the back of my car, but then she drove off as I was waving madly at her.  All I wanted was to tell her what exquisite taste she has in Minis.  So, at least she knows I am around.  Before this I had seen her car at Saks and was just a few spaces down from her but she was still there when I left.  I'm gonna catch her someday!  We gotta talk...

UPDATE:  Kids arrived and we have been in some form of water for three days now.  They are currently in bed trying to fall asleep, I am in my jammies at 6:30 and will be following them shortly.  Tonight we went out for pizza and it was a trial getting there and waiting for the food, but once that arrived as was well.  I, unfortunately, needed some wine by then to soothe all the squealing and screeching and may have overindulged-  no problem- I am headed to bed asap so I can be ready for tomorrows 5 AM onslaught.  

I'm too old for this, aren't I?




 Jiang Pengyi‘s latest series, Everything Illuminates, sees the artist mixing fluorescent powders with liquid wax, and applying it to various, commonly-found objects. Pengyi then documents these applications, capturing in a time a brief moments where the objects were not just illuminated, but focused on for consideration through art. According to the Hunan-Province-born artist’s statement, these images “suggest the artist’s changing focus back to original form and shape, at the same time reflect his current state of mind.” 

Ira Glass:







Created by Croatian-Austrian collective Numen/For Use
String Prototype is a design for an inflatable volume containing a network of cables that can be explored similar to a jungle gym. The design group is known for their large-scale interactive environments made from tape and netting and this is their first foray into what they all “large geometric inflated objects.” Via the project site:  When the volume deflates, the ropes get loose and lay on the ground enabling compression of the installation. When the object inflates, the ropes tense to a perfect line again, strained enough to carry the weight of a human being. Bodies entrapped in 3D grid, flying in unnatural positions throughout superficial white space, resemble Dadaist collages. Impossibility of perception of scale and direction results in simultaneous feeling of immenseness and absence of space.  



Squirreley Ideas for Etsy-  go hunt them down yourself:
Gamboling nutkin on a dictionary page

Pillowcases mit squirels.  Comfy.

Well, maybe you could skip this poor taxidermy, it's OK.  I know, I know, I promised no taxidermy.  Guess I lied.  Musta been all that wine.

No comments :