Friday, April 04, 2014

solitary proposal creaky



I put my orgasms on canvas.   (Pablo Picasso) 



First I am going to show you something special today, I'll talk more after the Real Art:


Aren't these gorgeous?
 Amy Genser plays with paper and paint to explore her obsession with texture, pattern, and color. Evocative of natural forms and organic processes, her work is simultaneously irregular and ordered. She uses paper as pigment and constructs her pieces by layering, cutting, rolling, and combining paper.The natural world is a clear source for Amy’s work. She is fascinated by the flow of water, the shape of beehives, and the organic irregularity of plants, flowers, rock formations, barnacles, moss, and seaweed. Her pieces bring to mind aerial landscape views, satellite imagery, and biological cellular processes.



This is the one I want-  I'll send my address so you can order it for me.

These tables are to die for!
Greg Klassen is a furniture designer/maker in the Pacific Northwest.  He calls his new River Collection “a celebration of the beauty that I find outside my front door.”  His River Tables, made from locally salvaged trees, combine “rivers” of inlaid blue glass with the wood’s live edges to stunning effect.  Klassen is an independent craftsman and his work is commissioned by a nation-wide clientele.  He invites clients to visit his workshop where they are encouraged to be apart of his creative process, which includes choosing the wood for their very own table.
********************************

So, I've been shopping!  Yesterday I went to the new outlet maul near the airport here-  only 1/3 of it is finished and already it's huge and overwhelming.  I actually only got through Saks Off Fifth in my time there. The other stores were very much like every other outlet maul I've ever been in.  Prices weren't that discounted and their offerings were the 'B' stuff-  manufactured expressly for discount.  I was disappointed but will probably go back now and then when I am up for being bamboozled.  The good news is I managed to put together a pretty cool outfit for a wedding we are going to, yes, SILVER pants and a beaded top plus new shoes that match the pants.  Sounds over-the-top I know but it's casual enough that I'll be comfortable and can use the pieces at any other fancy thing coming up (as if!) The silver stuff is very muted, not gonna reflect lights off the dance floor to blind anybody- after all I am now a member of the 
*macular degeneration generation*....  
Let's not call it silver, lets call it STAINLESS STEEL.  I will look thinner when I stand next to my refrigerator.(!)

Saks has a gift shop you have to Enter and Exit by-  isn't that Marketing 101?  And front and center is this cute little guy-  a squirrel bottle stopper!  No, I didn't get him, probably should have, but I have no bottles that need stopping.
What I did recently invest in is one of these Jessica Kagan Cushman bangle bracelets-  I don't remember which one I got, probably the black one with white squirrel since I ALSO grabbed the white one with a black RAVEN on it.  These are resin and I already have several others because they have pithy sayings so you can wear your smart-ass mouth on your wrist.  If ever you see me, you can catch my mood by my bracelets.  
Aren't these COOL?  
(oh, you don't think so?  sorry)
Jessica Cushman is the daughter of Erica Wilson, the needlepoint maven from the 60's and 70's.  Her dad is the iconic designer Vladimir Kagan, so these are my link to greatness!  
Lord knows it ain't the squirrels.


Finally, here I am with a stuffed squirrel I found in a shop.  When you have baby and toddler grandkids you spend time with puppets.  This one I thought was kinda weird so he wasn't allowed to follow me home.

1 comment :

Deanna said...

Amazing work by Loving. Definitely puts him in the forefront of fabric art.