Thursday, April 10, 2014

rummage spoilage eugenia



We have art in order not to die from the truth. Nietzsche


 See above for an unused and dusty tool.  See below for a needle sewing nothing.  See Sandy weep.
Yeah, I have been away fro the studio way too long, basically just using it as my junk drop off the last few days.  The deal is I have to start staging this house for the agents to take pictures-  I have to remove all clutter and everything 'personal'.  I have to clear closets to make them seem more spacious, I have to clear off my desk completely and move my files.  i guess all this stuff goes to the studio temporarily, but 'temporarily' may be 5 years before this house sells, who knows.  I looked around how o make room for all the stuff from the house, not counting furniture (!) and if I take down the second work table and move the supporting shelves which are on wheels anyway, I can free up almost half my space.  O have 100 big plastic bins so I guess I'll bring a few home every day and fill 'em up, move 'em out.  Rawhide.

Oy.  Just looking at my desk makes me inert.  I'll start tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some spiritual help:



Now for some (marginal) art



Since 2007, artist Takao Sakai has been documenting a weird Japanese sub-culture of people who go out in public wearing odd beards inspired by the popular ingredient, Azuki bean. These bean beard wearing people are called ‘Azurers’, and Sakai has amassed hundreds of photos of them.But here’s the twist: Sakai is actually the mastermind of it all! Dun-dun-dun! It’s all part of his ongoing series, ‘The Azurer Project’, a satirical take on ridiculous Japanese trends and how gullible the foreign media can be at times. He creates these beards himself and tries to project them as a fashion trend



Cornrows helmet:  Berlin-based design team ‘Bless’ gives the traditional bike headgear a bit of swag with the ‘Bless Helmdo’, a helmet inspired by the trendy and timeless cornrows hair style. Gone are the days when you have to wait hours to get it braided; simply put on the helmet and you’ll be the next bad boy of the biking lane.






 Cultural identity and technology come together in the ongoing performance art project of japanese artist katsuki nogami, where a handheld tablet serves as the icon of a human face. for ‘yamada taro’s’ first international iteration, nogami has photographed strangers met on the sidewalks of berlin and tokyo using an iPad attached to a performer’s face. projected on the screen, the image — tucked away beneath a hooded jacket and capturing an almost corporal quality — was taken to the city streets suggesting that the strange, semi-cyborgs were living beings. although there is an 8 hours time difference between the two cities, technology allows the image to be visualized in real time, appearing to the international audience as if it was actually there. as the internet grows, and computers make it more and more possible to connect on a global scale, the project aims to demonstrate this societal evolution by allowing two strangers, from different corners of the world to meet, connect and communicate. take a look at the video below to see the project in place:



WINEBULANCE!  Where is this when I need it?



Here comes the end, the part you've all bee diligently reading toward:
A wire ring bent in the shape of a squirrel-
 And cheesy decals of woodland creatures-  the squirrel is the third from the left


$1249.00 USD  Majolica Squirrel Stack, grab it on eBay (I think that's where I saw it...)  Whatevah-  if you have $1249.00 you'll find it!

No comments :