Tuesday, April 29, 2014

maguey evocation torrid



The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.  Ellen Parr


Yes, I am back with a smile on my face and no sweat dripping off my neck.  It was hot hot hot today and the poor AC guy had to drive almost to Miami to grab us the proper motor replacement.  It was in and working in just a few minutes and both machine and labor were still under warrantee, ALMOST a good day!  Then the Other Guy arrived to finish de-rusting and painting the garage door.  HE's been working on it for days.  The place is looking spiffy again, so I even spent some time fixing stuff up inside as the temperature slowly went down.  All is well.
Family bicycle-  notice the mother at her sewing machine while 'riding'.  Yup, looks familiar...a bit bulky, but workable if nobody gains any weight.

I went to my neighbor to give her a bunch of threads that she uses in her embroideries and in turn she gave me all her leftover food from her cupboards since she is headed back to Canada.  I got the better end of that deal.  Then I mailed off a big box to Lowell with leftover yarns-  felt really good to see them going to a good home.                           
Also went to the studio for a short time to  handle a few loose ends and feel the cool air hitting the top of my head (I put my table that cannot be moved right under the air duct not realizing it would blow stuff around and make my head cold when I work there).  

I am itching to get back into a big project.  All this clean-up is completely in preparation for something new.  Wish I knew what it will be!


Meanwhile-


Paris-based designer and artist Maud Vantours uses layer upon layer of cut paper to create hypnotizing patterns and textures that translate into set designs, fashion accessories, and editorial treatments. Vantors has explored a number of 3D paper treatments including floral patterns, spirals, and gemotric designs.


New Crayola Colors,
(my personal favorite is 'Moral Ambiguity Gray')




Since the beginning of March, Norwegian television network NRK has been broadcasting "Piip-Show", a 24/7 online stream that follows the lives of "a short tempered nuthatch, a blue tit with the memory of a gold fish, a happy-go-lucky great tit, and a depressed bullfinch.”  This is the same station that aired seven-hour train rides, minute-by-minute knitting, and other “slow TV” experiments that have become a Norwegian specialty.




OKey dokey, Wish I had that Norwegian station so I'd fall asleep quickly!  

2 comments :

Mary Beth Frezon said...

Hope you guys aren't treading water -- up here the news in talking about areas of 20" of rain down there somewhere. Sign me up for slow tv. I've been doing audio version of lord of the rings and hit the half way mark this afternoon. Ents! Ents!

Unknown said...

Watching cute furry animals on TV would have taken my mind off anything, especially if it's an adorable squirrel! Well, at least your AC repairman got the job done. Sometimes, getting spare parts could take a long time, so you're fortunate that they have spares. I hope your AC didn't give you trouble for the rest of the year!

Shelley Coday @ C&C Heating and Air Conditioning