Sunday, June 08, 2014

haggle sinusoid deportation



Whenever you think you can or think you can't, 
either way you are right. Henry Ford



Late start today, but I grabbed some coffee and hit the closet with the  purpose of culling the pants herd.  I did it the right way, not just standing and staring at them, but instead hauling all the pants to the bed and dividing them by their racks-  everyday pants like jeans and cropped, and another pile of more dressy pants that hang long.  I never knew I was a pants hoarder, but we've lived here 20 years now and I guess I just keep piling stuff in from MA and new, and keep it when I gain and lose weight 'just in case'.  Well, I am no Kay Sorensen but I did manage to toss 14 pairs of pants, several of which could qualify as vintage.  In addition I also threw out the non-matching hangers so the 2 pants racks look pretty good now, and I can see what I have, and actually wear it all.

Next I tackle the up-high shelves-  bags and shoes.  Will report on that when I get at it, don't sit there waiting.  Tomorrow is devoted to the alligator and I plan to stay in the studio all day.  Call any time, use your diversionary tactics!  hellllllppp meeeee!


  • Incomplete Manifesto   Bruce Mau
  •  Think with your mind. 
    Forget technology. Creativity is not device-dependent.






Debbie Lyddon, speaking of her cloth vessels series here,  "Now I make artworks in much the same way using repetition to encourage a gradual evolution of ideas. I start with a thought and I make something.  As I make other thoughts occur to me, so I make something else using the new ideas. The work changes and yet more thoughts come to me. Again and again I make things – some things work, others don’t. Sometimes I have the right colour or texture but the wrong shape so I cut it up and use the material in something else. Often things get smaller and smaller as the original material gets used and reused, but a link is created to what has gone before. Each step ends with a new work that has its own importance. I don’t make samples – everything counts whether big or small.




Moving beyond a bi-directional model, Jessica Harrison proposes a multi-directional and pervasive model of skin as a space in which body and world mingle. Working with this moving space between artist/maker and viewer, she draws on the active body in both making and interpreting sculpture to unravel imaginative touch and proprioceptive sensation in sculptural practice. In this way, Harrison re-describes the body in sculpture through the skin, offering an alternative way of thinking about the body beyond a binary tradition of inside and outside.  
ed.-In other words she paints tattoos on found figurines.  and they are way cool.

Bebe sleepin'.



No comments :