Wednesday, June 18, 2014

spaniel kid barium




"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail." 
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Got a few things taken care of today, one was a trip to Home Depot to find some new harps for a couple of lamps I found at the rummage sale.  As I was buying them the woman who had donated hem came running up to tell me the story-  they had come with her house, which was built in the 60's by a Prince from Europe.  She told us about finding lists of the jobs each of the staff were assigned, very cool.  She said the shades were in shreds but the lamps worked fine.  One has a little hole in the back but I'll just turn it around.  Might have been a drunken royal party!  But the harps that came with the lamps were really tall, meaning I needed a custom shade.  Screw that.  I went looking and a plain one cost $89 each and I need two.  So I figured with a more standard harp I could buy a smaller shade, and sure enough, before I found the harps today I found two gray shades.  I haven't yet removed the cellophane because it will be a long time before these are put in the guest room!  They are now in a corner of my studio ready to go!
 I MAY recover them with darker gray fabric-  anybody have experience painting these things-  I don't want them all streaky!  Maybe gray rice paper?  I have time...

Picked up more residue from the Alligator quilt, the photos I worked from, and found a perfect slat I didn't even have to drill.  So, I wrote the statement for the files and stuck on the label while I was there and able.  Next, I have to enter the darn show!  
trash, but you can see the little lightbulb at the top showing me where the bright was!

Done on all counts.
(For labels I simply write out the info on a piece of scrap cotton, trim it up, stick on some Misty Fuse, flip it onto the back of the quilt and press.)  The quilt was also signed on the front, tiny tiny so it hides in the design.  The only reason not to sign something is if it's copied from somebody else or you're not proud of it, IMHO.



During random hanging out, I found this example of ridiculous recycling yesterday-  Purple tractor tires with polka dots for your front yard.  But that isn't all that caught my attention-  Check the SIGN!
Note-  this is NOT on my front yard.  I don't have any tires other than the four little ones on my car.  And certainly no purple ones, especially after getting deathly sick in one of Walt's damn teacups all those years ago...





Currently on view at Zadok Gallery in Miami, Fiction of the Fabricated Image is the latest body of work from Seoul-based artist Seon Ghi Bahk. Of particular note is this impressive series of architectural columns constructed from pieces of natural charcoal suspended on nylon threads. The work is part of the artist’s An Aggregation series that explores the complex relationship between nature and humanity, where Bahk suggests “nature” can be incorrectly viewed as simply a backdrop or tool used in the creation of civilization.






It’s the largest yarn bombing ever undertaken in Australia, and it’s turned the HMAS Otway submarine yellow.  A big crowd has turned out in the NSW town this morning for the launch of the yarn bombing project, started by Murray Arts and the Hume shire council to bring attention to the town after Hume Highway changes bypassed the town last year.  Many of those who came to the launch this morning were locals who have taken to the knitting needles to knit old sheets, baling twine, wool and cotton to make a yellow submarine.  It’s estimated about 2500 square metres of knitting was needed to cover the submarine, but worldwide interest in the project has seen more than enough knitting to cover it.

I have a couple of pretty great 'clipping services' at my beck and call.  They supply me with squirrels at odd times, and today was one of them.  Mary Beth found a great front piece from an old nursery 'rime' book:

Thanks!  Squirrels gratefully accepted!

No comments :