Monday, August 11, 2014

cedar nudity envisions



“Speaking very generally, I find that women are spiritually, emotionally, and often physically stronger than men.”  
~ Gary Oldman, b. 21 March 1958

Here's the 'chain' I bought up in VT< all made with scrolly calligraphic pages from an old book.  Today I took it all apart so I can transport it to FL where I'll put it back together.  It's cry  cool to play with, you can arrange it in all sorts of ways and it always looks great.  
I MIGHT add a piece of stiffer card stock along the inner edge were it won't show-  sou;d like them to hold their shape a bit better and since I already took it apart now's the time.



More introvert stuff.  I feel like I've been pegged and my secrets are out.  I even took the test and it told me I was 72% introvert.  I would rather die than go to a big group of people, probably why I've never been in a hurry to go to Houston or that quilty ilk.   It also explains why I can stay 'on' and actually be with people for awhile but have a huge necessity to get out and recharge by myself before heading back in!  I solved this by always getting a hotel room when I was teaching and opting out of the dinners or extracurricular things.  Worked fine for me.  

20 minutes ago TY left to go watch golf somewhere and I am loving being alone for the first time in days.  Even washing dishes is easier.  Sigh.  Precisely why I don't love vacations-  it's nothing but constant togetherness, no recharge allowed, go go go, and I get so tired.


Some stitchery on old photographs here:


Mauritzio Anzari makes his portraits by sewing directly into found vintage photographs. His embroidered patterns garnish the figures like elaborate costumes, but also suggest a psychological aura, as if revealing the person’s thoughts or feelings. The antique appearance of the photographs is often at odds with the sharp lines and silky shimmer of the threads. The combined media gives the effect of a dimension where history and future converge.






Chinese artist Cai Guo-Qiang has transformed a derelict fishing boat from his hometown of Quanzhou, into a unique public art installation carrying a total of 99 fabricated animals along the famous Bund on the Huangpu River. The project titled "Ninth Wave", sheds light on one of the greatest challenges faced by mankind: Earth’s current environmental and ecological crisis. Via the official press release, "On the boat, tigers, pandas, camels and other animals appear weather-beaten with their heads bowed, as though seasick from the currents of our times.



And our lonely little stitched squirrel du jour:

No comments :