Sunday, September 28, 2014

barbour triphenylphosphine abundant



"We are what we repeatedly do. 
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." (Aristotle)


There was almost a break in the weather here yesterday- it was bright and sunny all day for a change after the September rainstorms.  Everybody has been talking about how high the water is in the ponds, how few full golf games are happening, how much rain we have had this season.  But in the paper yesterday they said we have had 60" to date and the average 'to date' is 61" of rain.  Yeah, you read that right.  So I am buckling down to get the last inch before it becomes October, and no doubt it will happen.   Actually yesterday I was heading out to get the mail and put my sunglasses on because it was so bright, beckoned the dogs to come too, and out we went.  As soon as we got out the gate I got drenched!  It was a sun shower where one part of weather doesn't let the other part of weather know what's it's doing!  Such an odd experience and it went on for the whole time I was out, maybe 15 minutes.  All three of us were soaked.

Pretty bad when I am talking about the weather here, eh?  

I am kind of bummed out that I am hearing about all the great art and textile shows happening this fall, and I didn't get around to entering any of them I had planned with my 'summer interruptus'.  So another season goes by with me still being completely anonymous.  I guess the Leo in me doesn't take to this well, however I really don't have anything to promote, don't want to teach, don't want to write, and certainly won't be doing any patterns any time soon!  I do have an idea for a next project and hopefully can get the kantha thing out of the way to get going on it soon.  Since it involves cutting up some of my older work (it only hurts for a little while...) I have time to pick and choose what will be my sacrifice to the quilt-gods.  

I can hear you now calling me a lazy bitch-  SHUT UP!  
(said in the friendliest tone possible)

So let's see hat the muse has brought me today in the art files-

Well well, it's an ampersand, you don't hardly see those on sidewalks any more...

With a strong background in fine art, graphic design, interior design, and typography, Rome-based Tommaso Guerra is a good person to call if you need, well, anything. One of his greatest talents is lettering with chalk. Guerra has been commissioned to draw impeccable signs for restaurants and business around the world, as well as public pieces like this decorative ampersand right on the sidewalk.










Postcards for Ants is an ongoing painting project by Cape Town artist Lorraine Loots who has been creating a miniature painting every single day since January 1, 2013. The artist works with paint brushes, pencils, and bare eyes to render superbly detailed paintings scarcely larger than a small coin.   More with Lorraine and her ANT-ics here~  




From here on, in I'm tuning to the Playboy Channel:  First up, the disapproving mother:
(I love these gifs, but I think there is a mistake in this one, tell me what you think---)





Photographer Robyn Twomey, who took beautiful portraits of former Playboy Bunnies at the Former Playboy Bunny Reunion (yes, there is a such a thing!) in Las Vegas. We just came across these portrait photos by Sara Naomi Lewkowicz taken at a reunion in Baltimore of other former Playboy Bunnies who used to work in various Playboy clubs around America in the 1960s.


 Tomoo Gokita’s abstracted erotic paintings have a very nostalgic feel. As a child, Gokita snuck to read his father’s playboys, which he says are still a big influence on him now. His father created the images for advertisements in Playboy for its launch in Japan in 1975. Gokita now keeps the entire collection in his studio, and this influence shows heavily in his work. The curves and teasing stances of his characters are obvious references to such imagery. The forms and colouring make for a very retro feel, but the strange dot-eyes or the patterned zigzag head of the tuxedoed man have more of an Internet age vibe.



Found this little guy in Urban Outfitters.  i really liked the print but it was pretty awful in the crafting-a-pillow department so I left him there.  Actually I leave all the squirrels I find where I find them, you won't find any squirrels in my house!  I know you're disappointed in this fact, sorry.

No comments :