Thursday, September 04, 2014

not a real post


Here I am wearing my 'vintage' label and cuddling some wine.  That's in case you don't know what an old lady looks like

11 hours in the car yesterday, asleep by 7, but up again at 4.  I played dead for another couple of hours-  podcasts help this because it keeps me in one place.  Anyway we were out the door of the crappy motel room with two sleepy dogs at 5 AM and blasting our way through South Carolina looking for a Starbucks.  I gave TY a lesson in his GPS and how to find one so he will be forever indebted to me for that.  And I got to use my App to pay the bill, another lesson for him and a gently push to get rid of the grandpa phone.

We hit the Florida line nd stopped for the dogs and to watch the clouds for awhile, I made their breakfast and stuck it on the hump in the back seat  but both ignored it.  They will drink water while moving but not eat apparently.  We were home by 1 PM and exhausted.  Today was the easy day, only 8 hours straight through.

I AM NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN.  NEVER EVER.  I will sit here and wait for the dogs to die before I haul them on any additional 3 day marathon rides-  we are all cranky and hungry for real food.

But the bottom line is that I'm home.  My quilt arrived this afternoon from the Ruth Funk Textile Museum show, and the next one is ready to mail out soon.  Tomorrow Molly has a vet appointment, and we have a Bob-The-Builder appointment to discuss things like struts and trusses or whatever.  Meanwhile my illicit purchases from the vast internet have all converged here in my hall-  I need to open them and get them to the studio.  Stupid I know to order stuff for a house that isn't built, but I got some good deals on things I wouldn't be able to find around here.

Okey dokey, it's off to bed, the regular programming will resume tomorrow.

No comments :