Saturday, January 24, 2015

bevel eavesdropping catawba





“Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a great artist-a master-and that is what Auguste Rodin was-can look at an old woman, protray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone with the sensitivity of an armadillo, or even you, see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. He can make you feel the quiet, endless tragedy that there was never a girl born who ever grew older than eighteen in her heart...no matter what the merciless hours have done to her. Look at her, Ben. Growing old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired-but it does to them.” 


HORRORS!  You might begin to question the logic of your thinking if something significant happens now that isn't part of your well-constructed master plan. Narrowing your focus and finishing up old business accomplishes a lot more than chasing dreams. Leave your long-term goals for another day; keep bringing your attention back to the practical realities of the present moment where the rubber meets the road.  
OK, I will focus.  Things are all over the map lately, feeling like I ADHD and my mind is always on to the next thing!  

Already I have solved the lanai door issue AND the garage carriage light issue-  the term 'whatevah' seems to work when it's a brain cluttering question of no perceived importance!  So that's what I left the construction manager with as I zoomed off to the studio.


Some unknown people having fun without me.  Dammit.

SOOO, today I will get the second quilt ready to mail to the Textile Museum show, though I don't have their calendar of important dates yet.  It needs an additional sleeve or perhaps just a stick to keep one of the round parts from flappin'.  I am thinking I can fix it easily, perhaps with just a velcro stick to hold it a bit more rigid.  I'll have to sew on an extra yoyo barnacle here and there to hide it, no big deal.  I already have 2 'D' rings on the back that work just fine for my hanging purposes but doubt they want to bang 2 extra nails into their walls for me.

I also got the new sweater jacket made from the green silk stripped yarn blocked.  I have a feeling it will be DAYS before it dries, it's so thick in places.  I must remember to go tomorrow and turn it over and place it on a dry towel on the rack so more air can reach it's deep places.

Second order of business, while I sit here sewing and watching 'Breaking Bad', will be to pull some yarns out for a tee shirt pattern I KNOW is around here some where.  I'll hunt it down during a drug bust or brutal murder.  Meanwhile I'll work on checking I have enough yarns to start work on the next home-based project-  I can't stand not having something in the works for evenings.  Later, yes, I got the sweater underway last night.  Stared casting on and four hours later I was trying to unclamp myself because I hadn't moved other than those busy fingers.  I think they made knitting movements in my sleep.

Today, in celebration of my acceptance, I've got a couple of lace covered objects, mostly upcycled or recycled but some are intentional.  Bless their hearts.
lace piano

lace covered boots tutorial

lace and leather bags

lace and light taxidermy

is this or is this not a real granny chair?

black lace, sexy pumpkin

doily lamp shades

crocheted rocks, you never know when you'll need one.

bellbottoms worn over green underpants

pretty lace bottle pants

lace and whatever covered chairs

Mason jar covers

and a particular edge embellishment that pretty much makes this doily.

And another gift from the universe-  a watercolor squirrel and bra.  i wonder what that story might be



No comments :