Saturday, May 02, 2015

ignobility musky juvenilizes

"People tend to forget that play is serious." (David Hockney) 


Sent by my friend V who knows my fondness for lapin on the hoof!
Suspend today's need for a squirrel, we'll have two tomorrow.


Yesterday I searched all over for these images to go with the 'living doll' pictures-  I knew I had these SOMEWHERE.  And I knew it had to be somewhere hidden behind my screen.  Sigh.  The Black Hole.  But today I found them by accident so pretend that you saw these yesterday and pick something from yesterday and pretend you're seeing it today!
 Freya Jobbins is concerned with a recent fascination with Greek mythology, and results in some very provocative work.-Recycled Plastic Dolls Become Creepy Sculpture. The detail is fascinating; the way arms and legs and faces of the dolls are put together in such a way that they become body parts, organs and faces with real character. 








I don't know if you would qualify this guy as an artist or not but I certainly do.  Take a few minutes out of your surfing around and watch these videos.  I guarantee it will make your day easier to get through.  This is Michael Grab:  'I began balancing rocks through somewhat of a whim in the Summer of 2008 while exploring Boulder Creek in Boulder, CO, USA. Since then, simple curiosity has evolved into a prolific creative passion, and daily meditative practice. I quickly noticed the unique effect that my creations had on myself and others, often inspiring a sense of magic and peace; a sense that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.'  Go look at his Gravity Glue site.







I know, that took a long time, eh?  Next time it will be shorter without so many videos.  And now, back to work:

No comments :