Wednesday, July 15, 2015

aspheric daunt argon

“Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?” –Rumi

A squirrel pillow with a nice photo transfer!


Oh, great day in the studio-  I took a couple of shirts to iron in between ironing other stuff-  things I want o stuff into the suitcase to wear while packing.  Not good things.  One white shirt had makeup around the collar even though it had gone through the wash so I had to scrub-a-dub on that to get it out.  I was able to finish the bottom third of the Big Slash so it's folded nicely ready for the next step. I tried to use up all the black thread in the bobbin so I could change it but it never happened-  will have to sew black tomorrow until it is used up so I can work on the little square for the widow's group quilt.  Tomorrow, tomorrow...  I'll sew ya tomorrow, it's only a day away!


what a good idea, Sandy.


Questionable Art Coming up---





Early morning walks so often start out in tragedy as I step on a giant snail.  This would stop me, all I need to do is catch a few and paint them up every night so I see them in the morning.  Plus, they would be tiny lawn ornaments!   Wanting to help snails avoid getting accidentally stepped on, artist Stefan Siverud has come up with a creative way to get them noticed: by painting their shells with art.In his series, called ‘Snailpimp’, he pimps out the mollusks’ shells with non-toxic paints, creating colourful images that would get them more attention from passers-by. Some of the designs he’s done include the McDonald’s logo, Pacman’s face, the Soviet flag, and even a tiny lighthouse.



And some Textile Taxidermy!








Sparkling sequence and plush yarn are just some of the mixture of materials that artist Rachel Denny uses in her work to cover bodies, or sometimes just heads, of animals. This Portland based artist’s work lives in a world somewhere between taxidermy and your grandmother’s craft room. Her unique take on animal trophy heads uses cashmere knitting and twine to transform what looks like the shape of the head of a dead animal. Denny’s artwork includes a diverse variety of woodland fauna, including deer, horses, goats, lambs, and even bears. Sometimes her colorful, eclectic materials, including satin, matchsticks, and pennies cover an entire body of a creature, other times it is just the head unattached to its body.




No comments :