Saturday, October 24, 2015

ablate imperceptible brunodebunk

Of all the unhappy people in the world, the unhappiest 
are those who have not found something they want to do. (Lin Yutang)





I got my computer over to the Mac Fix-It Guy this morning as soon as he opened.  He did an autopsy and found that I had over 300 GIGABITES of music stuffed in there, much to my own surprise since I don't listen to music, let alone download it or collect thousands of tunes.  So, that's the problem, and I am sitting here watching the trash go down v   e    r   y slowly. He guarantees me that it will be spiffy fast again when it finishes.  But the mystery remains.  Yeah, I listen to a lot of podcasts but not 300+ GIGAbites of them, even if every one I ever downloaded was kept forever.I dunno, no wonder I'm having troubles.  As soon as that is done I am doing a major clean-out of the photo images too, only keeping the good ones-  and that's just a few of the grandkids and my quilts.  I lead a limited life.  

So, my home life is set for a long time ahead-  delete delete delete.  Still have 219,427 items left to go.




Chinese artist Zheng Lu creates gravity defying sculptures of calligraphy in motion. His giant stainless steel works are an amalgamation of thousands of Chinese characters coming together...

And that reminded me of THIS:



More metal ant hills



Here they are just using cement, tons of it!




Wish I had an ant to dissect but instead I have kitty critters~


I seem to remember the kids that refused to dissect a frog in Biology class, but I wonder if they could have swung a passing grade if  offered to do a mock-dissection with one of these beautiful knitted specimens from aKNITomy. Look at those lovely little felted innards! My first concern was actually that I might not be able to remove the creatures from their mounts for fun pranks, but no!
He comes pinned into his actual dissection tray (never used!), but he is not glued down, so you can take him out and cuddle him if you wish.
Fantastic! In addition to hiding one of these ghastlies in your infantile roommate’s childhood teddy bear display, you can actually cuddle with these disemboweled stuffed animals! A cute touch I noticed was the dead-as-a-doornail “x’s” over all the eyes ... all except the alien.. who stares at you, all blank and lidless. The description says “alien autopsy,” but are we dealing with knitted extraterrestrial vivisection here? Because I just don’t think I can ethically support yarn-alien cruelty.

like fixing your computer!

No comments :