Friday, October 30, 2015

crestview pm borax

“Evolution has programmed us to feel rejection in our guts. This is how the tribe enforced obedience, by wielding the threat of expulsion. Fear of rejection isn’t just psychological; it’s biological. It’s in our cells.” (Steven Pressfield)





Had to vacate the house yesterday after cleaning wiping mopping and fluffing for a showing.  Got the dogs in the car for the trip to the studio when the RE office called me and cancelled the showing,  I was screaming at her since this is the second time it has happened in two weeks.  Told her the house is not available until we are out of it bark bark bark, and took the dogs back to the house and wrote a nasty note to TR and propped it on the sink.  

Got back to the studio and the RE GUY called me back and had somebody else to see the house in 15 minutes, SOOooo back to the house I go to fetch the dogs and take them for a very long walk.  I walked them around and went back to the house and the people were still inside so I stuffed the dogs back into the car and we drove a bit down the street to watch and see when they would leave.  I spent from 8 AM until after 2 PM dealing with this showing and believe me I was mad as a wet hen by the end of the afternoon, BUT I took the dogs back inside and trooped off again to the studio where I am working on a collage made from wallpaper scraps leftover from the house.  And some old shooting targets from Brazil.  It kept me busy a long time and when I left all my screeching mad-woman symptoms were gone.
Art Hath Calmed this Angry Beastie Yet Again
~~~~~~~~~~
We got a call yesterday that we can't enter the house until Monday because the floors need time to cure, or dry or something-  Anyway of course we drove by and looked in the windows and they look good-  it will be about two people walking through before things are a dusty mess again but for now, all sealed up, they are great.  Today TR decided our 'old' couches won't work in the new place and we need a new fancier one so off we went and of course we ended up with the second one we sat in.  I don't know how long we have to wait for delivery but the chairs and coffee table are coming next week.  My fingers are crossed on the rugs I got-  of course my first place to look is for used stuff on the inter webs and that's where I found the one I ordered.  It was way out of my design plan so when it arrived I quickly revamped the plan.  Now, here I am again revamping because this new couch is pushing me past tolerance.  Shopping with TR is painful.  He talks and talks about how much he hates something but then whammy, that is of course the exact thing he sits in and likes.  So we get it.   

Perplexed here as to how this is all going to work together or what in hell to do with two perfectly good linen sofas that haven't even needed cleaning yet despite being dog beds 18 hours a day.   Now he is asking ME what we can do with them, who we can give them to.  Geesh.  And in my head I am trying to jam them into the bedroom, stick them in the loft, move them to the garage-  anything!  







Spanish artist Manolo Garcia constructs towering replicas of renaissance-era sculptures, portraits, animals, and other decorative objects from his expansive workshop in Valencia, Spain. Garcia refers to his practice as ‘artistic carpentry’ and by looking at process photos of the studio’s work, that seems like a fair descriptor. Most of the set pieces, monuments, and sculptures built by Garcia begin with strips of wood that are applied to large architectural armature. The objects are usually so large they are first built in pieces and later assembled on-site.



Drive me nuts.





Pakistani-American artist Anila Quayyum Agha has installed her impressive shadow sculpture Intersections at Rice Gallery. Inspired in part by her interpretation of patterns and images found in Islamic temples, the laser-cut 6.5′ square wood cube is illuminated from the inside by a blinding 600-watt light bulb that casts a dizzying shadow throughout the gallery. The piece becomes experiential as viewers who move through the space have the shadows cast on their bodies, incorporating themselves into the artwork. 

That's all I've got for now.

No comments :