Tuesday, October 27, 2015

decolletage brad mendacious

Any artistic achievement that is tailored to conform to social demands rather than to the real, uninhibited, feelings of its creator, is destined not to reach the heights of achievement, or even fail. It is only when an artist is dis-inhibited that he or she can reach the heights of artistic achievement. (Semir Zeki)



I sure hope those aren't squirrel burritos this guy is selling right there in front.  Could be.  





Another day shot to hell.  I was drinking coffee, thinking gof taking a shower and getting on to stuff I needed to do but instead paid the pile of bills staring at me.  I finally did get to the shower, walked the dogs and was heading out the door when I realized today is my stitch group!  I am a loyal member, never miss a meeting but all I could make was the tail end of lunch at that point so I gave it up.  Instead I went to the local purveyor of expensive toilet paper holders and paid the big bucks for stuff that was off displays in the showroom.  50% off.  So I was happy, a job is done, and I am getting quality and stylish stuff.  OK, so I didn't find what I wanted on etsy in this department BUT I found a bathroom rug from Morocco I might be coveting.  I will sleep on it because I MAY have decided I like it just because it's the right size.  I don't know what I'm doing any more.

Went to Publix, bought a rotisserie chicken for TR, and a chicken for the dogs to share.  I am going out tonight with GirlZ, probably be home by 8, sigh.  I will have to QUELL my desire to whine about this house, but I will do my best.  Nobody wants to hear me about it any more and they are only being polite when they ask-  like asking somebody who has been sick how they're feeling.  Nobody really cares, but it's a social nicety.  I will TRY to not take any questions literally.  Guess I'll go put on clean jeans and a pair of real shoes, not flip flops.  Yeah, I'm going formal.  





To transform the interior of the Ahead Arena at the 2015 Habitare Design Fair in Finland (part of Helsinki Design Week), environmental artist Kaisa Berry and creative director Timo Berry of BOTH conceived of this lighter-than-air umbrella cloud suspended above a main stage. The duo used 1,1000 white umbrellas hung at various intervals, somewhat like similar outdoor installations we’ve seen in Portugal. The installation served as a backdrop for speaking events as well as live performances. You can see a few more views in this image search. (via Wallpaper)



What does a tire wear for Halloween?





 During his trip to the largest cattle market in Asia, a place he and many families go every year in order to prepare for Eid-ul-Azha, Anas Hamdani was able to meet “camel stylists” and photograph the art in the making. Hundreds of camels are brought to this market every year from the rural area of the south east region Sindh in Pakistan. However, usually only a few camels have been styled, making them potentially worth much more to buyers, as they are looking for the most beautiful camel. Anas Hamdani was able to speak with an artist named Ali Hassan, whose family has passed down camel styling through the generations. Hassan stated that he can make 15 different designs, and choses which design to use based on what he feels would best suit the camel. The process takes about four hours and is performed with just a mere pair of scissors.



And on to another kind of vehicle

No comments :