Saturday, July 09, 2016

altruism horsewoman dean

“It's as true today as it ever was: he who seeks beauty will find it.” 
- Bill Cunningham 


 

Hi from Watertown, I think.  Been very Bizzy doing stuff to settle in the little condo-  dealing with arranging new kitchen stuff, rearranging stuff I just threw into cupboards in a hurry, sniffing vegetables at the market across the street and NOT buying them because cooking here is pretty much impossible.  Found out the microwave doesn't turn on, and that means I don't have a vent system either, so cooking is limited to maybe a couple of eggs-  nothing greasy or smelly or or or.  Also have a disposal that sounds like a 747 landing, all all this goes without lighting!  Ugh.  Truly, I would have been so happy to be in this place when I got out of college-  it would have been luxury compared to the roach hotels I lived in, but now I'm old and crotchety and, OK, I'm admitting I'm spoiled from building our dream house last year.  Maybe I'll grow to like it, but don't hold your breath.  It's perfect for what we needed and that was a small place to hang our hat when we come back to se family or deal with business.

OUT, OUT DAMN KITCHEN!
As you may see, the cupboards are too small for a bottle of olive oil or a box of cereal.  So we are getting a new kitchen that goes all the way up to the ceiling.  Might take a long time but we have a guy coming to make it real.  And not brown.

The other thing is that I am freezing-  it's been only in the 60's the last few days, down from 93 the day I arrived, and it's been a hard change with my thinned out blood from hot ole Florida.  OK, Sandy, enough whining.

But today I was at home and got some stuff weeded out, got some pictures hung, and some knitting done in between cleaning a closet out and putting away all my sewing stuff into a cabinet instead of being ON the cabinet.  Need to make a trip to the dumpster and off loaded a new pile of junk.  Tomorrow we are headed to the beach to visit the family but it's so cold I'm not excited to get out there-  might need to wear one of my winter coats!


Hope my doggies are having fun at their resort spa.  I miss them.  



And at least today has an ART PART












Korean artist Yeesookyung masterfully produces imperfect sculptures, bulbous yet elegant works composed from mismatched porcelain. The series, titled “Translated Vase,” was first inspired by the Korean artisan tradition of destroying porcelain works that are not deemed pristine, and she has continued to make the fused pieces since 2001. Intrigued by these tossed aside works and shards, Yee began saving fragmented tea cups and pots rejected by contemporary masters. Honoring the works’ dismantled states, she traces each crevice in 24-karat gold leaf in the style of Japanese kintsugi, merging the unwanted works together in a way that heightens the beauty of their distress. In this way she blends diverse methods to form a contemporary process that evokes both the elegant designs of her homeland and the delicate rebuilding of damaged works in Japanese tradition.


No comments :