Saturday, September 24, 2016

orphanage cos cosec

“What can be said about a man who is interested in nothing but his painting? But I can’t do anything else. I have only one interest.” (Claude Monet)



Gotta get back on the wagon

Hiya everybody-  don't be scared about me stuffing off the blog- won't happen any time soon with finality, after all I do have to reach 2500 pretty soon.  You might consider going back to March 2004 and starting all over again-  I know when I do that I don't remember ever writing any of it, and I actually lived it.

So believe it or not today I DID something art related.  I am taking a 2 day book workshop at my favorite Art Center down in West Palm.  I signed on because TY was supposed to be home by now and I thought the dogs would be covered for their ever more frequent trips outside.  Nope.  It was an 8 hour day and the only way it would work was if I drove back home at the halfway point, walked the critters and gave them cookies, then slammed the door and headed back to the class.  SO, I left here at 9 for the 10 o'clock class, left there at 12:30 to race back home for the Guys, bought some gas and headed back to class- I was gone until 2 and made it back to get at attaching my signatures with a cute little X pattern up the spine.  I need practice.  The whole morning was spent painting papers to be the background of each page.  I tend to be heavy handed with paint and it wasn't really dry enough to cut and sew but I did anyway.  We left them to dry and will pick up tomorrow morning with the goal of 3 books completed.  I brought one home to sew together tonight to catch yup the time lost with all that driving.

Next, a picture of my now-defunct kitchen
Note the size of those cupboards, each shelf is about 9" high, nothing fits, yucky granite swimming in brown.  Gotta go.  But we don't want to spend a fortune since we don't actually live there, just visit.  It got torn out and morphed into this:
Now cupboards go to the ceiling, and I have drawers instead of bottom cupboards so I can access all the space instead of crawling inside to fine one pan in the way back.  And I can now put in a bottle of olive oil or a box of cereal-  don't need much s we go out most nights we are there rather than do grocery shopping for 2 days.
Yesterday the carpet was installed in the bedrooms, a silver gray, very light and pretty and OUT went the nasty spotted weigh ugly stuff-  now I can walk barefoot, a bonus.  Next, and I do know this whole process is completely backwards, next I paint and then I stop doing anything in the condo forever.
I found an App where you can hire cleaning people just like using Uber.  What a concept-  they claim they can be there within the hour.  I'm going to try it when I get back-  the dust is 2" thick everywhere.  I admit I am no housekeeper-  I paint a room rather than clean it.  

Gotta get to bed-  the second dy of class starts at 10 and I have to sew the third book together before I sleep!

Yah YAH YAH, ART PART






Working with the rigid edges of large dried magnolia leaves artist Susanna Bauer (previously) adds tiny crocheted embellishments of cotton yarn to create fascinating sculptures that marry the natural and artificial world. The fragility of the medium alone—dry leaves—is enough to cause a double take when first encountering these tiny interventions, and a closer look reveals near perfection in Bauer’s stitching, a near Herculean effort in patience. Many of her pieces are almost shockingly intentional, as if the plants had naturally grown this way, while others are more playful, featuring additions or subtractions that reorganize a regular leaf in unexpected ways.   wow...





Kind of stiff in the leg department, eh?  This would be your mighty leopard in the jungle as he was turned into a foot stool.  What a travesty.  Unwow.

1 comment :

Karen Rips said...

I never understood cupboards that don't go to the ceiling, what a waste of space, and dust collector. I have 2 kids in AZ. and they both have cabinets that hang about 10 inches down. Maybe it's cheaper?