Friday, November 11, 2016

volcanism volcano volition

 “I want to be different. Just like all the other different people I want to be like. I want to be just like all the different people and assert my individuality along with others who are different like me.” John Hall 



Isn't this the prettiest squirrel ever?


Finally I got the big heavy quilt made from the 8" circles ready to roll-  it took two more days of Netflix  to get it all sewn down, but I also had to add a very strange shaped backing fabric and the sleeves.  As I was ready to come home, I decided to get it on the design wall and spray it down to block it, but that took way longer than I anticipated.  I do hope it's 'stretch' on the wall fights it into submission.  I'll know tomorrow.  All I have to do is make a label and stick the stick into the sleeve.  I'll match up the quilt sizes and send two, or hopefully three, in each Sono tube-  I'm gonna go broke on this shipment for sure with 10-15 pieces.  The good thing is I can see the end of getting this stuff ready, and look forward to getting it to the Museum as soon as they will accept them-  mid December I believe.

Tomorrow I also hope to get the border removed from the 'Four T's' quilt, which is basically Thanksgiving quilt.  I never liked the border so I am chopping it down a few inches so it doesn't look so bland.  I still have some of the Kaffe stripes for re-binding it because I KNOW I will make a mess if I try to get it off and reuse it.  So I'll start from scratch.  I should be able to get it machined on, then maybe Sunday I can get the hand stitching done on the back.  It kills me because I used a whole tablecloth on the back, one of the 30's yellow ones, and I really don't want to cut that but it's too stretchy to bring round to the front, wouldn't work as binding though I wish it would.  If I get  it done then perhaps I will hang it in the dining room for dinner before I shop it out.  I've never shown it anywhere as bringing out my family's alcohol issues after they were all dead seemed sorta...UNseemly!

In Other News, I finally got to my figure drawing class  after missing two weeks.  The teacher was great, an old guy who went to RISD and I was hysterically laughing to myself as he walked around the room talking to all of us as we drew.  I was laughing because everything he said was exactly how I teach drawing too, but I've never taught figure drawing.  It is all the same thing.  We had a male model with a great graceful body, like a dancer, so he was doing good poses.  Appr=arently we don't have the same guy every time, but just BEING THERE was terrific for me to be part of it again.  He's pretty out front with his critiques and he got me straight out on working too big for my paper, but his observations were spot-on for me-  the three hours flew.  He will also let me make up the missed classes in his other class there so I haven't forfeited after all.  I got yelled at for open toed shoes since the easels they use seem to fall willy nilly to the floor like guillotines, and they weigh a ton!    I'll be better next time since I know what it's all about.  I just hope I can regain my love of drawing.  Stay tuned.





I'm going to forfeit the ART PART today, but it will be back when I have a better connection to the internets.  Things are very spotty here at my new desk which apparently is protected by a lead wall I didn't know was there.  And I need to get busy finding some dinner and walking some dogs!

No comments :