Friday, May 05, 2017

volatile volcanic ostentatious

“My great longing is to make those very incorrectnesses, those deviations, remodellings, changes in reality, so that they may become, yes, untruth if you like — but more true than the literal truth.” (Vincent Van Gogh)


No Antics Squirrel

It looked awful out this morning, sky was really dark and the dogs were prowling around trying to figure out what was happening.  It finally started raining about 9 as I was waiting for the Rat Catcher to come pick up his traps-  not  sign that he has been back since before the kids were here 4 weeks ago, so I said that's enough with the dishwasher in the middle of the floor!  OUT!  So now I have to wait for the dishwasher guy to come reconnect.  

As soon as he gathered his traps I was out the door to the studio so I got an early start for once.  I simply kicked the vacuum out of my way and started agains screwing up the quilty lines until I got too frustrated with that and moved some furniture around.  

Then I made new piles of things to take for the quilted collage class I'll be doing in July. I'm a bit frustrated because it's only 2 hours and I'm worried we won't get much done-  I have to limit severely all I have to say.  And I also have to take all my own materials so I am thinking that it will be a cut-and-fuse class so they can go home with something on the way to being complete.  

So I was throwing around hunks of small fabric and decided to box all the smaller stuff to take to use.  Then I had huge chunks of fabric that needed to be refolded so I got out my handy-dandy-as-seen-on-tv shirt folder and made my self stay in one place until the whites and creams were finished.  But who can tell them apart?
I know-  too exciting, right?  But I was listing to the new 'Grift' podcast so the time flew!  And this


   
embroidered old stuff, laces on top of red box, and old white linens in tub,
below:  all my linen fabrics and toile-  a whole different shelf:
turned out like this:

I got 5 stacks across and almost to the top of the shelf, need to duplicate this shelf with all the other whites remaining, mostly jammed onto the linen shelf.  Think I will stick those on the shelf below so all the white stuff will be together and TOO NEAT to touch!  Yeaaa me!

i did wander back and forth working on the quilted lines of the big piece, I'd like to have it finished this week-  nothing like a deadline to keep it moving.

Since that wasn't all that interesting a post, I'll see if the ART PART might be able to step it up a bit today!
LET THERE BE GIANTS!







My name is Thomas Dambo, I’m a Danish artist who works with recycled materials. Over the last 3 years I made 25 big recycled sculptures around the world. Recently I made 6 hidden giants in my hometown of Copenhagen.The sculptures are found in some of my favorite places around the city, places where people don’t go to often, because it’s off the beaten track. The sculptures can only be found by using a treasure map, or a poem engraved into a stone near each sculpture. These give hints on how to find the different giants.I’ve made all the sculptures from recycled wood. Mainly from 600 old pallets, an old wooden shed, a fence and what ever else I was able to scavenge. Every sculpture was made with the help from local volunteers, and each of the sculptures was named after one of the volunteers.I hope my art will inspire people to see the big potential in recycling and taking better care of our planet.More info: thomasdambo.com


No comments :